what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

• 2 weeks later...

spent the last few weeks hunting down alot of the tracks people have posted about. I'm getting into Deltron 303, J5, automator. On the less hip hop side of things Dashboard Confessional is doing stuff for me too.

Props out to everybody for the great suggestions. Now I can keep my ears busy on those long train rides.

Sasha-Airdrawndagger

James Levelle-Global Underground

And my neighbour (sometimes with backing vocals from his girlfiend) whose a bedroom hip-hop producer and MC. Never met the guy and it sometimes gets annoying earlyish in the morning, but he has good taste in the beats/mixing department. It's also kind of funny listening to him recording vocal tracks :"....Tanimachi kara!....etc". Sounds pretty slick when he puts it all together, so it could be worse I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

heard of Doug Martsch but only through built to spill, so not any of his solo stuff, downloading a few songs now. will get back to you when ive sussed it out.

currently listening to some hot hot heat,

modest mouse, david mead, ryan adams. probably mentioned these guys before, but whatever.

here is what has been in my player of late...

1) Trey Anastasio self-titled

2) Phish Live 2-22-03

3) Van Morrison Too long in Exile

4) George Harrison Brainwashed

good stuff...

danz

The last time I downloaded Kazaa my PC got swamped with (whats it called) ad-ware or something. I kept on getting popups whenever I used the internet. Is that normal, and anyway to get Kazaa without all the junk?

Yeah, it puts pop-up ads on your screen, but if you just minimize them in the task bar you can forget about them. And if you download while you're eating your dinner, they're not going to steal your data or get your grandma pregnant or whatever terrible things people seem to believe they do...

I had that too. I think he means spyware, the stuff that lasts on your machine and keeps on annoying with you (and taking info?).

get kazaa lite, and/or use the hints on the kazaa lite website to stop the pop ups. u can program your comp so that when a popup from a server is searched for, your computer re routes to look at itself and nothing comes up.

remove sprware with ad aware (free)

get handy comp info from searching cnet.com

I ran Ad-Aware that checks for spyware, and all it found were a couple of ad gifs - no big deal considering.

People keep repeating these accusations against Kazaa, and I think it's groundless. The only problem I've found is that when I have 10 files coming in and 5 going out, it slows my whole system down noticeably.