Calling all Buff lads and Lasses

Just cancelled me gym membership and set up my own home gym, gonna pay for itself in a year, not to mention the convenience!

Anyone else interested in doing this should check out www.bodymaker.jp Got a sale on at the moment, half price or more on already cheap (but pretty solid) gear. Call the central office and they have English speaking staff. It's all mail order, so your location matters not.

Got a load of general fitness/martial art stuff as well. Me 140cm punchbag cost 7500!

When you've been doing it for 16 years, I think you know if you'll use it!

Spent nearly 1,000,000 yen on gym membership since being in Japan, and I only use the weights! If you've got the room and it's part of your lifestyle, it's definitely worth it, especially RIGHT NOW when you can get the stuff at U.S. prices.

every 2nd year i become a gym freak. It becomes addictive. I put on about about 10-15kgs and work hard on the form. Then for a variety of reasons I stop and lose it all over the year out of the gym. Once the snow had gone i suspect that I will be back into it. I kind of need to! my legs have strengthened well with the riding (really hard work on a surfers legs I find) however my upper body has turned into a turgid stick of celery with the lack of surfing. I am a light weight guy as it is, I cant afford this neglect of upper body exercise that snowboarding brings.

elephant legs on a chimp.

I joined a gym once - i think i lasted about 2 months. Probably not even that. I just don't have the discipline for it. My lower body (like yours db) has always been ok due to surfing and a relatively sporty lifestyle. However that changed after school and i have done a sport since - well not one that you would play at your average Aussie school.

But the top half of me - beanpole. Skinny as! I i mean, i cant even put fat on! I eat that much crap it isn't funny - no idea where it all goes.

db - you are right! wrong way around. Long day at work - thats my excuse!

I feel your pain with the "withering" of the upper body, well actually, i never had it to begin with.

Glad you like the new signature. I have been trying to think of a good one for a while now - this one popped into my melon at work today.

i lost a few of the ol kiloramas after injury and travel and am fighting up from aforementioned weight division.

my local gym is 200 yen a pop and full o' sweet new equipment. cant really be beat. run by the city. what kind folk they be. caring for the health of their citizies.

Weight lifting cage w/ pull up bar and pulley system to rear (to add free weights to. Includes rowing, lat pulldowns, etc. 24,000 yen

Bar+ 220kgs weight 30,000 yen

dumbell bars 3,000 yen

bench w/leg curl/reverse curl/arm curl attachment 10,000 yen

Got a load of aerobic stuff already.

9x1msq mats 12,000 yen

dumbel mats 2,500 yen

seated calf raise 12,000 yen

selection of pulley attachments 3,000 yen

punch bag 7500 yen

Coupla breeze blocks (free from a welsh mate...)

i don't see the point of a home gym. mine's only 150 yen a go and my main motivation to go is to use the shower afterwards. the shower in my apt SUCKS and i absolutely cannot use it in the winter.

Just about nailed it? Ender0 you know much better! Im a kiwi chick, see "member handles" post for explaination and my members page, Butch I am not, toned and fit from snow shovelling yes. Ask nekobi, shes seen me. F you ender, Im going to have to show YOU next time mad.gif