I heard this show just started to air in Oz. When I am in a hotel I always check MTV to see if it is on.

When it comes to mindless, intellectually bankrupt garbage, this takes the cake. BUT, big but. Compared to the reality tv, game show, who wants to be a millionaire, soaps, sitcom, boring sport drivel that airs just about 24/7, this show has something different.

I have never laughed so hard as I have at some of the idiotic behavior those clowns get up to.

Anyone else brave enough to admit that they have laughed at it?

One of the funniest I saw was of the main Jackass dude dressed in a lame rental Satan costume holding a sign on a stick saying "I am a nice guy". He was standing on a street corner calling out "I am ok, really, I am not that bad. Don't hate me, give me chance. I am a really nice person. God didn't invent the circumcision, I did. Come on, be my friend, I really am a fun guy to hang out with. I invented the circumcision"

People were coming up to him and asking all sorts of "only in America" questions. Then This guy enters from the side going berserk. He really lost the plot and attacked Satan. Broke his sign, punched and kicked him. There was quite a scuffle on for a while. This guy just went crazy. It wasn't a set up either.

Jackass is classic!

Eating chocolate yoghurt smeared daipers placed in a rubbish bin next to a bus stop! The faces of the people waiting for the bus! HA!!!

Great show. Shame it had to end.

theres a full length jackass movie out now aswell.

i laugh at alot of the stuff that happens, but mostly in a "ouch that has got to hurt" sort of way.

most of it is just potty humour though...like the "how to make an omelette" antics.

i must admit that mr johnny knoxville is very easy on the eyes...

johnny02s.jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by nekobi:
i heard they filmed most of the jackass movie in japan. is it already out? anyone seen it?
yeah it was filmed mostly in japan. apparently it was because alot of people in the US were catching on to who the jackass guys were, which took a bit of the fun out of it.

it is out in the states. not sure about everywhere else.

Yep, i've been a big fan of the show for a far while now. Sam and I managed to get a copy of the movie on VCD - not great quality, but still ****** funny. Its not really a movie, just an extended episode.

Steve O has got some crazy tat's!!! Man o man!!! He has got to be one of the sickest bastards out of the lot. I mean he had his arse cheeks peirced together!!!! Mental!!!

I've got a whole bunch of the episodes on tape that my bro recorded for me from the UK.

Love it.....

If you like Jackass, check out the CKY series (try searching Amazon.com). Bam Margera and his buddies were making these even before Jackass ever aired, in the grand tradition of the worst moments of the old Whiskey and skate vids.

Right, Big Brother started it all. CKY is great stuff too though.

Yeah I have seen the movie. If you think what they do in the show is out of control...damn! Especially funny for those that have been to/lived in Japan.

Anybody here ever used to read the US snowboard magazine called "Blunt"? It was made by the same guys who put together the "Big Brother" mag.

Sadly, "Blunt" died several years ago just after putting out the Whitey-directed "Warriors" snowboard vid. They had the potential to develop into "Jackass on Snowboards".

A subscription to Blunt kept me sane for my first few years in Japan...what a great magazine that was.

I remember their practical joke tips column. One gag in particular involved freezing vomit into flat patties. Then, on a hot summer day, you'd find a car with the window cracked open a half-inch or so, and slide in the frozen vomit patty. It would thaw out on the seat and when the owner came back he'd wonder how there could possibly be puke on the passenger seat of his locked car.

Larry Flynt Publications picked up Blunt in the late 90's and it did not appear thrive in that culture. The people involved just kind of moved on, though you still sometimes see good articles by Nathan Yant in other mags.

I was thinking the other day how basically crappy and incestuous today's snowboard mags are. You have Snowboarder and TW Snowboarding...the same old interviews with this month's bro-brah pro and a thousand ads with a pic of some pro rider and the name of a binding, board, goggle, watch, coat, etc.

Sure would be nice to hear something other than this cozy corporate propoganda. In many ways it is as rigidly sterile, programmed, fake and lilly-white as Friends and Beverly Hills 90210. Nothing against fictions--they are what put gas in my tank--but a change would be nice.

Enderzero: I'm in Tokyo, but originally from New Jersey. Getting ready to head up to Nagano right now to celebrate National Foundation Day.

Like Badmigraine points out, the best thing about Blunt is that it wasn't one long commercial for the biggest board companies. Of course, it WAS filled with heaps of ads, but they were pretty arty layouts. I have a stack of copies in storage back in the US.

Speaking of arty layouts: just picked up a good picture book called "Blower: Snowboarding Inside Out". After 5 seconds of flipping through it, I reccommend it.

Jackass is awsome! it kracks me up! the movie took things a bit far there was some things in it i couldnt handle at all! for those who have seen it the papercuts man i walked outta the room for that! it was bad! but then the toy car thing... hell of an idea! love it!

they are crazy... the funny thing is johnny knoxville (not that that is his real name) isnt even a skater! hes just a freak show with crazy ideas....

they must be on drugs to do what they do or very very drunk...

Awsome stuff! i dont know that it should be on free to air tv but if its gonna get the ratings y not!

HELL YEA! HEAVEN NO!