I just started surf season up for myself - in a complete snowstorm. Luckily, I have the gear for it. I'm curious - what do you do besides ski/board? Do you partake in any other activities during the winter? What about the summer. Feel free to reply with whatever you do during the year.

i dont even snowboard that often. i dont really have an "off season"

i voted "travel" because thats what im usually doing during the summer months (june-aug) usually in japan, australia or canada.

but as far as keeping active goes other than snowboarding...

ive been playing football(soccer) for the past 8 years, i play all year round in the singapore league (sounds much better than it is! its actually really really crud) and that takes up most of my time.

i also play basketball. i play to keep active, and if it wasnt for the friends ive made on the team i dont think id still be playing.

So far this winter, every weekend and holiday has been spent snowboarding. Can't imagine doing anything else cause the season is so short...

When its warm enough to do so (8c/45degF+), and too warm to snowboard cause of slow slushy snow, we charge up the batteries and hit the lake with our jet skis (see pics on my member page). Last year we started on 31 March, and stopped on 10 November. We have dry suits of course.

I like to mountain bike but the jet skiing takes up almost every day off - if I'm not riding, then I'm wrenching/modifying the skis in one way or another.

I used to surf every day when I was younger, thinking about taking it up again this year - getting off work and going jet skiing takes up too much time/effort/prep but getting off work and going surfing for a couple of hours could be done pretty easy...as could going before work since the sun comes up at 3:30am! eek.gif

im a softball chick... i have played for the last 10 years... its my number one sport... im not to shabby at it so i enjoy it... im a catcher, and i coach a team too.

So its softball in summer for me and boarding in winter!

I took up mountain biking last summer to get fit and hopefully get my bung knee strong for the ski season and now Im hooked. You get to see so much more details, get fit, get the endorph buzz and I think it upped my skiing so I hit the slopes with a bit of fitness and a lot more strength and no probs with the knee \:D . It has been good having a partner in crime though - thanks hayds!

Mountain Biking is really cool, especially when you're able to clean a hill or obstacle that you couldn't before, then as you get fitter/better you do. I did alot in Okinawa but haven't up here yet, I guess cause most of my "warm" day weekends are taken up by weekends. Plus the wife isn't strong enough (or doesn't really want to) so rather than go by myself, we stick to jet skiing cause she loves that too.

Thats the problem with having too many hobbies, you just cant do them all...

Seen any Bears yet?

Jared - I love that pic of the bear in the tree at Geto.