• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno mate, I never played any of those new fangles games consoles.

I only have one game on my computers. I suck at it and never play it. It is called Demios Rising.

I would go so far as to say that mac users are more likely to snowboard than ski.

Make that 7 SFG!

and here it comes.....yes I am an avid FLOW user! (years b4 the Mac though)

I prefer PS2 & Xbox over Gamecube!

Prefer Sashimi over Sushi..

Amandanism.. try the Powerbooks, can't get anything easier..thats except for the FLOW'S of course!

Quote:
Originally posted by amandanism:
i tryed using a mac once. it confused me, havnt touched one since.
Now there goes the comment of the century! A confusing Mac!? Bullocks!

I have the unfortunate luck to use a PC at work and um...well...WHERE'S MY KNIFE!!!!!!!?????? mad.gif It's time for some slashing!!!!!!
 Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:
 Quote:
Originally posted by amandanism:
i tryed using a mac once. it confused me, havnt touched one since.
Now there goes the comment of the century! A confusing Mac!? Bullocks!

I have the unfortunate luck to use a PC at work and um...well...WHERE'S MY KNIFE!!!!!!!?????? mad.gif It's time for some slashing!!!!!!
bullocks? or bollocks?

:rolleyes: Oh come off it!

Windows is a rip-off of the Mac interface as anybody can plainly see. They're almost exactly the same. How can you say with any seriousness that one is more or less confusing? Which bit? Setting up an Internet connection? Accessing a drive? Opening a folder? What exactly? It's a cool interface for sure, but Bill Gates stole it way back when I used to shave every day.

Anybody who believes they've got a unique, innovative, intuitive' interface in the Mac is a sop for crude marketing. 'Hey Ralph, show them a picture of the Dalai Lama. That should do it!'

Snort.

I certainly do agree with you there on the interface aspect Ocean.

My comment regarding the PC was directed at the number of times it inconveniently crashes on me as a result of conflicting hardware or third party software that just don't agree with the innards of the PC. See with Mac OS the componentry is standardised. The hardware the same in each model and the third party ware the same. Whenever there is a model change of anything updates are available. Stable system.

The fact that Mac is now mostly Unix means that Mac users are not longer ostricised(spelling) and instead part of whole big ever grwoing and deeply rooted community that started computing. Mac users are not longer individual and unique and thre is no longer a need to prove Windows against Mac. Bill Gates is doing a fine job of showing just how stupid and pathetic Windows can and will become. Not to say that Mac may not follow that path.

Amandanism, my dear, did you not know that us Mac users lose all control over our grammar, spelling and bowels when we sit in front of a PC? ;\)

And oo, I am bored. So go away :p

Macs were never stable. Maybe they are now after many years, as is the PC (do you use XP?). The Mac OS was worthless unless you had Norton Utilities to hand when I was using it in the early 90s. There were often fatal freezes, and sometimes data would get lost. Even the much vaunted engineering wasn't that good - batteries soldered in, faulty major components, buttons on the case that didn't connect up with divits inside the case. (I have Mac to thank for my 'Ctrl+S every sentence' habit - my first Mac crashed that often... Now I never lose any data.) In spite of all, I actually used to be a Mac fan and read all those sappy cargo cult mac magazines - 'The next upgrade will sort everything out' - riiiiiight.

I too resented being forced to use the PC at work - until I realized that there was nothing more wrong with it than with Macs. Also that the world is a PC world which is very convenient.

I have read that Apple had a brilliant opportunity to make the Mac OS rock solid, but their engineers didn't really understand UNIX and they made a crappy Dalai Lama/John Lennon sort of implementation that well, thunk different. They were too busy playing frisbee with their dog to make something stable at last (although the interface was kewl).

This doesn't make me a PC fan - far from it - but I do know first hand that the Apple has a bunch of worms at its core.

(I wrote this so you'd have some fun at work mogski...)

Quote:
Q: Why do Mac mice only have one button?
the reason for that is that mac users use the keyboard more than they do a mouse we dont have a silly scrolly wheel we use the keyboard the up and down buttons, we use the control key as the "right button" we use the apple or option or shift keys as well. so on and so forth, we have more options than just 2 buttons we have one mouse and a whole keyboard of functions.

Sam, that's a classic mac user argument, otherwise known as 'making a virtue of necessity'. PC users can choose between using their keyboards or their whizz-bang mice. Mac users get no choice - so they make the brazen claim that using your keyboard is somehow better. (Indeed, the iMac debuted with the ultimate in user unfriendliness and form over function, the round one-button mouse.)

Having used both kinds of mouse, I can say that using a Mac mouse now is liking having half your fingers chopped off. "Shit, what did I do to deserve this? Where are my functions?" With the wheelie on the mouse, you can scroll with complete precision. With the scroll keys, it's like driving a car that has an accelerator that's either up or down.

I think Apple has been poorly served by its consumers. Microsoft made no bones about stealing from Apple. Apple now needs to be told by its consumers to steal the MS mouse.

Ocean I knew I could put my money on you for a nice arguement! But can I be picky and ask you to come back with it WHEN I AM AT WORK! Not when I am finishing! Now on your behlf I am doing overtime! Don't be flattered!

In all honesty, yes the OSX is a little unstable, but I do not have hte crashes that I uses too in OS9. I understand that XP and OSX are now very similar in reliance.

I guess the only really good arguement going for Mac these days is that they certainly know how to make a computer look sexy, cool and fashionable. Also know how to make them expensive mad.gif