days skied so far... 40+

stuff still to do...

next weekend at hakkoda

some backcountry

hiking places like gassan

etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
1 week at Karuizawa during Christmas with gf and sunrise: about 400000. (sunrise paid for her own shinkansen)
Before I speak: I admit that I am guilty of SJ forum autofelatio.

However: Markie do you pay for peoples ski holidays for the pleasure of their company or so that you can later use them as objects in your hopefully subtle yet tastelessly simplistic brags with respect to spending money?

On topic: I spent almost nothing this year. I only did about 12 days and didn't buy any new gear, not even a new sock.

On second thought, db, you're such a friend, always ready to straigthen me out when I get out of line!

But seriously, though, that is one quality about him. He is blunt but not pretentious or vindictive. You have to appreciate that. Well, maybe you don't have to, but I do.

Quote:
Shimba, how come the Sahoro trip cost so much? I thought that was mainly paid for.
cos we had to pay for our own travel and stuff and in order to ski as much as possible, it meant extra nights, either side of the dates we spent at sahoro. 60,000 for our flights, more than 20,000 for trains, a 20,000 miscellaneous... meals etc... other than those essentials, we didn't really spend much at all - i was mighty tempted to get a new pair of bindings for half price to slap on the big stix, but i'll save new bindings for when i get new skis \:D

Nice imagination Siren. Like yeah, I wish!

But no, sunrise is a very nice girl and we have not developed the relationship any further than good chat buddies. We have a lot to talk about because of our similar interests in music and skiing.

Shima, I thought you would have gotten tired of Sahoro very quickly cos it's so small. I guess you had a great time if you decided to spend extra days there but I still think you should have tried out Tomamu nearby with the extra days.

However, apart from skiing, Club Med does have a nice ambience.

markie,

we didn't spend extra days there, just extra days getting there...

have you spent much time in the trees on a powder day at Sahoro? there are some pretty open areas above and around the top double which are steep and offer some nice deep powder that stays fresh all day \:D

besides, size isn't everything... it's how you use it. nothing wrong with joining a lesson and learning old school stuff and doing powder eights lol.gif

• 3 weeks later...