Noise pollution - are there no laws?!!?

man this thread got into my dreams. i woke at this morning at 6 (not what my alarm was set for) bc i may have heard weird chimes. i remember thinking my town was messing with me and changing the chime schedule. now i don't know if i was just dreaming confused.gif i really need to cut back on the forum.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone successfully filed a complaint or anything against a noise polluter and had them shut down?

I got a neighbor with a dog. He/she lets the dog out everyday at approx. 7am and the thing howls for hours. Sometimes even in the evenings. Last night it was out there from 6:30 to 10pm howling at nothing. It amazes me that nobody else in the community has asked them to deal with this problem.

Have the same problem, damn dog barks all day.

I am hoping it freezes soon. Very frustrating!

Good luck- not sure about the laws here but Sydney Councils were very strict- come and take your dog away and fine your a*se! mad.gif

I had a similar problem. We lived in an apartment and some new people moved in. With a dog. Even though they should not be keeping a dog in an aparto. Anyway after a frustrating few weeks and getting gradually more and more wound up, I started complaining wherever and whenever I could. Whether it had any direct effect I don&t know, but the people moved out fairly soon. That was a bloody relief I'll tell you.

I think there's no laws to control that kind of problems unfortunately \:\(

I guess it may be a good idea for you to record the noise and take video the dog and show it to the police! Or you can ask the neighbor directly not to do.

The problem in this kind of case, assailants are unconscious that how sufferes have hard time with it.

i used to live behind a small church in london (but didnt realise it was there when i moved in!), it drove me crazy when the bells when off on a sunday morning after a big night out!

My little inaka plays Home on the Range every night at 9 and some other western themed music at 7 am and something else at 5, not bad really once you get used to it, I like getting up early though.. But those damn politicians just kill me! I'd much rather here the imo guy and his sad death march of a song than any politician anyday....and no wash pole guys here...we cut our own.

funny, i have a similar situation to others here with my neighbour's dogs.

Usually what j-people do about the dogs, u can call the anteijo (usually attached to the town hall/yakuba aka yakusho about it but all they do is call up the dog owner/abuser and tell them off. Not very effective and if u have vindicative neighbours like mine, they start doing childish things to get back at you. In my case, my neighbour woke up at 3 in the morning and drove past my house while holding down the horn. Twice. :rolleyes: