Slow, will you still get sleepy at 18:30? I hope not.... it would be hard to as... you prob wont be able to have a beer anywhere near the main dance floor - or smoke a Ciggy(disgusting though it is! - (cigs make me gouchy and tired)) so you should be OK!

18:30... Really! I guess putting a concert on at that time really does seperate the REAL fans from the stragglers...Have a good time all that go..

• 3 weeks later...

For those that went to the Tokyo concert last night: what did you think?

Personally, I would have preferred more DJ Shadow. Wasn't too impressed with Massive Attack.

I also think it's a crime that you can't bring your beer with you onto the dancefloor at NK Hall. That place is a real Mickey Mouse operation.

Akibun: They had a number of people revolving on and off the stage. I guess it's difficult to re-create their sound live. To my recollection, it was like this:

Always on Stage:

Drummer, Bassist, Keyboardist, Guitarist

On and Off:

Violinist, Female Singers (total of 3 different?), Male Singers/rappers (total of 3)

Were you there, Goemon??

It was like anti-war concert or something.

I didn't like the hall, either.

It's too far from the station.

The sound quality was very bad first songs and I was very unconfortable with that sound.

But it was OK at the end, getting better.

Yeah, DJ Shadow was very interestiiiiiiing!

;\)

Yeah, I was there, Slow. Agree with your assessment of the sound; it did pick up a bit at the end there, but I still couldn't make out the vocals enough beyond a whiney drone.

Don't even get me started on the lack of properly staffed beer distribution facilities at that place... mad.gif

I liked that video-sampling of the drum instruction that DJ Shadow did at the end. cool.gif