Wow, this is tough. So many great games.

Mario 64 is a good choice. Bust a Move (Puzzle Bobble) and Tetris are such great puzzle games it is hard to rule them out. Final Fantasy 2 provided me with enough great gaming experiences for a lifetime. I have always been partial to the Metroid series. I have never been as scared during a video game as I was sneaking past Nazis in Wolfenstein 3D. Great times playing Doom, Quake, Quake 2. Some of the best times in my life have been playing multiplayer Quake 3 (+ various mods), Half-life (+ mods ie Counterstrike), Warcraft, Dungeon Siege, Alien Vs Predator 2, and more with friends. It is hard to say a better video game was ever made than Zelda. I have probably put more hours in on the Tony Hawk Pro Skater series than any other games. At one time I didn't think it could get any better than Tecmo Bowl. It would be a shame not to mention Star Control 2. Soul Calibur is the best fighting game of all time but Dead or Alive 3 looks better. The LucasArts adventure games like the Monkey Island series and Full Throttle have provided hours of enjoyment and frustration. But the best game? I would say M.U.L.E.

alright... if we're gonna do old school heres a few on my list:

Combat (2600 baby!)

California Games (c64)

Archon (c64)

Skate Or Die (NES)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

Legend of Zelda (NES)

Street Fighter 2 (Arcade... spent many days back in the day cuttin class to play that)

Archon is a dope game - I'll take you on brutha! You ever play Dino Eggs? Beautiful! Of course Jump Man.

Some random NES Classics:

Castelvania 2

Rygar

Baseball Stars

Wizards and Warriors

Bionic Commando

Rush N' Attack

Awesome Arcade games of the Late 80s:

Strider

Rolling Thunder

Robocop

Final Fight