So when's this war gonna start then?

Yeah.

All this stuff about Iraq supposedly buying US and UK uniforms so that they can start killing their own people to make it look like it is US/UK doing the killing.

Made me think. Do you actually BELIEVE all you hear coming out of the US/UK reports? Or is some of it made up propaganda?

The big joke is that North Korea looks more dangerous at the moment. But the South seems to want the US out, or at least playing a lesser role. That in itself will probably result in a safer world, as long as the US does nothing to undermine the South.

You know what I want to know is when will the men of Iraq grow some testicles and be men? and overthrow that meglomaniac evil prick. Many Iraqis fear and loathe Saddam ( as told by those who escaped) they are too damn afraid to stand up to him, as for the 100% approval rating the people gave him? what an absolutle friggin joke that is....here is what it really meant...

pc0080.jpg

Gutless and scared......the root of their problems is their leader get rid of him, dispose of him and deal with the world. They dont have to completely cave in to the west and Bush, but just get rid of Saddam, save the whole world a lot of grief and save your country, save yourselves. There is no reason why Iraq cant be a like Iran, Saudi Arabia and live in relative harmony with everyone else, sure there is a tremendous amount of history in the region, but...enough buts, the people of Iraq are like the people of the rest of the world, their fate is in their hands, they are responsible for their actions, if they fail to act then so be it. I will have no pity for them.

The regime is set up so that organized resistance is very hard. Saddam is protected by extraordinary security procedures, and all of the people involved would likely be killed if he was, by vengeful civilians and solders. So they have no motive to overthrow him.

If a lone killer were able to get to him, their only hope for the future would be either complete anarchy or anarchy followed by the rise of another Saddam of whom there are plenty of candidates in waiting. Not very good motivation there either for a killing which would also necessarily be suicidal.

Well on the TV last night, they were telling us that 'the boys' over there were all ready to fight, and its really difficult to upkeep the machinery and planes, and they might rust etc if they don't fight now. So they should go in right away and fight!

So there you go, the reason to start the war is that if they don't the boys equipment might get rusty.

Yeah BigBear i've been thinking the same thing in the last couple of days. And now Russia and France appear to be vetoing the next vote. It looks like the US might be going in alone. But heck, thats not going to stop them. The new date is the 27th of March i think. It might be the 25th actually. Either way its been bumped back. I just hope all this delay means that some real peace negotiations are going on.

It's a good sign though.

Unfortunately SBF - I don't think there are any real "peace" negotiations going on. What I mean by that is, no one is negotiating with Saddam to step down. All the "peace negotiations" are simply focused on delaying a UN resolution and giving Iraq additional time, but none are focused on Saddam stepping down. The US/UK and their allies (spain, portugal and others at the moment) are going to force him out with or without the UN Security Councils approval.

I don't think anything short of Saddam and his entire regime stepping down will change the war path but you never know - until the first cruise missle is fired, peace has a chance.

Sadam has already made it clear that voluntarily stepping down is not an option...

Many arab countries have already tossed that idea around with little success (I believe Saudi Arabia was leading the charge)...but the arab union has embarrassed itself in its recent get-togethers...an iraqi official called a kuwatii a "monkey", among other insults...

danz