Anyone else tried these Krispy Cremes donuts? They seem to be making it big in Hollywood and have appeared in many films including Clint Eastwood's 'Bloodwork', Wesley Snipe's 'Blade II', Sandra Bullock's 'Murder by numbers' and now even appeared on 'Will and Grace'. I remember them to be ultra-yummy but what impressed me the most was that having bought two one-dozen boxes and munching up two or three a day, they were still soft and yummy after one week!

when i was in high school, selling boxes of krispy kremes was a popular fundraiser. the day the boxes were delivered, you'd eat at least one doughnut between every class. i think i always ended up with a stomachache, but it was so nice \:\)

• 3 months later...

I'm sure db would tell you: there is no money to be had in stock speculation, IPOs are a carrot on a stick, and the only way to make any money is to trade a system that doesn't rely on upward market trends.

...or something like that. But he would probably say it in around 500 words. \:D

cant participate in any IPO for which your company of employment is involved with unless there is a special case where an allotment is made to employees of concerned parties. This usually only happens when the take up is low, however my corporate finance knowledge is not so flash so I may be wrong.

The short answer is I do not allocate any funds to equity assets and probably won't until I devise a strategy that complements my existing strategy set.

• 3 years later...

Well, we now have Krispy Kreme in Japan.

I saw it on the news the other day.

I think this must be the only shop in Japan in Shinjuku across the bridge from Tokyu Hands second floor exit.

I told my wife about them so she went there and had to wait in line for an hour and a half.

:rolleyes: It's just like the shops in the states with the little donut factory/assembly line in the window. Yummy

They must be making a fortune on these things. I bet these would go for a mint on Yahoo auction too if anyone needs some extra cash.

Had to wait for an hour and a half! Dammmm. I knew they would be a big hit in Japan and was more than wiling to put my money behind that conviction but there was no way for me to set up in Tokyo without the proper connections.

They've only been a minor hit in HK and fortunately there are no outlets new where I live otherwise I would be in big trouble. Nevertheless, every time I pass a district where they have an outlet, I always end up buying a 1 doz box, that's in addition to the free one I get shoved in my mouth as soon as I enter the premises.

Ah man - why did you have to tell me that they have one here...now I have to go get me some....

I always love my trips to Australia - they have a Krsipy Kreame and a Starbucks in the Airport - the perfect combo...

-SJA

I know I can't believe she waited that long, she said she got there, saw the line going ALL THE WAY TO TOKYU HANDS and said "**** this", but she went and got a cup of coffee and sat on the ledge outside. Some folks walked out of KK, sat next to her and started muchin their donuts they just got. She said they let out an Ehhhhhh! Oisshhhhiiii!!! Cho Oishiii!, and then one of them started describing them, and comparing them to Mr.D's. After that she said the donuts were "calling her".

SJA-

Ah sorry about that.

Don't forget to bring a fold up stadium chair if your gonna go jump in that line though. I'm hoping things will cool down after awhile so I can stop and grab some on the way to work in the morning I already have to wake up at 5:15 to get to work on time so not trying to get up any earlier just to get KK. Not that they're not worth it though.

BTW, there's a Starbucks right next to the KK.

I’m a massive fan of anything bad for you (friend, salted, sweet etc) but I can’t believe how much sugar must be in these things, they’re like a normal donut on steroids. KK donuts make standards donuts seem healthy in comparison.

Having said that, I scoff em every chance I get

Quote:
Originally posted by Motherhucker:

Ah sorry about that.
Don't forget to bring a fold up stadium chair if your gonna go jump in that line though. I'm hoping things will cool down after awhile so I can stop and grab some on the way to work in the morning I already have to wake up at 5:15 to get to work on time so not trying to get up any earlier just to get KK. Not that they're not worth it though.

BTW, there's a Starbucks right next to the KK.
No prob...i'm probably going to head down there this weekend for something else so i'll stop by and see how long the wait is. With a starbucks next door - i'm a happy guy!

Well,let's put it this way, Sweetaz, as a hard-core donut man, I really like both Tim Horton's and Dunkin. Choosing which to go to is a torturous task for me because it means I have to give up one to get the other. However, KKs is a whole level altogether and there is no contest at all. I can't figure out whether they're made in heaven because they are so good tasting or in hell because they are so tempting and so bad for you!

I can't stand anything sweet so no worries for me here. We walked past one on the mid-level escalator last night and one of us just had to get some. $88 for a dozen aint cheap. Especially when a double cheese burger from Mac only costs $8.