i've heard it touted before that americans are a bunch of puritans (in seriousness), and heard disturbing statistaics about religious zeal, but only half believe it. i'm sure there r a lot more christians there, and i am a little freaked by bush and his entourage, but am yet to be convinced that it is a matter for more than mild concern. religion and state separate please.

i believe in karma, but, i also believe i make my own karma (if u get my drift).

my brain frequently wanders into bouts of nihilism. we (me and my brain) like it there. but then we stumble back out and things become more difficult again.

SF & SFG...

I don't think that anyone asked "Who" you pray to and therefore your obvious and previously displayed anti-religious posture has raised it's head once again.

If you have hopes, dreams or asparations then you "pray".... Maybe not to "God", perhaps to yourself, perhaps to the Halle Bop Comet????

Regardless,, I think that we all have to endure and have faith sometimes in something if not anything other than yourself - This is praying...

If you and Sam settle down and have a couple of kids then "trust me" you'll learn to "Pray" soon enough.......

I'd like to know that atheists opinion on Bin Laden and the other muslim faithed terrorist. Its obvious he's anti bush and using bushes faith as an excuse to slam him. Has he done the same for the other religions of the world?

Do I pray?

There are no athiests in foxholes.

Well i think that it depends on what you define "pray" as.

I have never "prayed" to "God".

I have on the other hand said to myself something like - "Gee i hope it snows tonight." I don't see this as praying.

I went to a Church of England school and so my views on what pray is, is simply talking to a deity or God.

If someone has faith in something then i don't think that it means that they pray. Pray and faith are different.

Cheers

my GF recently read the bible from cover to cover so that she could form/re-affirm her opinion on the whole topic. I told her that the bible was the last place that she should start her investigative efforts.

I don't pray, but I am always mindful of the fact that in the moments before I die I should chuck in a quick payer just in case it is all for real. That way I get into heaven. ;\)

Now, I am off to burn a cow as I hear that the smell is pleasing to god.