Anyone know of anywhere that does it?

I have 30 photos of my recent trip to Utah on a card that I cannot access. They are defintely there cause I have seen em and my research tells me they will be there for a long time and are recoverable. I see there a lot of places that offer software to do this yourself, but I am hoping this is a one off thing.

Anyone know anywhere that does this?

Thanks Higuma!

I intend to try this tonight.

I actually find that site prior to posting, but because I am a cheap ass I thought I would ask around first without putting my $$$ down.

I have tried to view the pics on the card in the camera to no avail.

I have tired downlaoding then to my Mac via PMCIA card to no avail.

I took my card to the local store to have them try it out on their PC via PMCIA card to no avail.

I took it to Kinko's and used thier USB Smartmedia reader to download them to no avail.

I knwo the pic's are there. I took em and looked at em on the camera before I removed the full card (turning the power off and removing) and put in another.

I have tried taking more photos using the camera mode only to get the message that the card is full. I am therefore led to believe that they are there.

I WANT MY PICS!

It may be possible but I would say chances are the flash card is bad. The chances of recovering from solid state is way way less than from disk media. I would contact the manufacturer of the media and tell them they need to replace the card and try to recover the data. But basically it's time to kiss the pics goodbye.

man, that is crappy mogski. It is the kind of thing that happens to me.

However, whilst we are on the topic of data recovery. I have a hard disk drive from an old iMac. It died one day and I had to replace it - I lost everything. As far as I am concerned, the data is still on the disk, it is just that the disk is buggered. Surely I can get the data off somehow. I have 100's of photos that I want. Can this be done? Is it expensive? How is it charged... $100 per byte recovered?

If the mechanics of the drive are shot than you are looking at spending a ton of dough. That kind of data recovery is really only worth it for mission critical systems.

It happens to everyone at least once before they start getting extra careful about backing up data.

judging by the grinding and clunking noises it used to make, I am guessing that the mechanics are shot.

But, I have a plan. I will take out the disks from the broken drive and replace the disks in my current drive with them. That should work. Now, where is me philips head.

endo you have just ruined my day!

I was hoping for a glimmer of hope even if it was false! mad.gif

I tried the photorescue software last night on my Mac, but it didn't like the PC card so I have brought the set up to work today to have another go.

Next I think I will purchase a cheap USB card reader to try and fool my Mac.

I will get my photos back!

I really do not want to send the card to the maker, cause to them I am just another ant in the hill and my photos are not as important as their new 6 CCD, 1000x mega zoom, 6 trillion pixle whatever it is they want to shove down our necks.

Do I sound pi$$ed?

I had all my digital photos of my son's years 2-3 on an external hard disk. It crashed. I spent 5,000 yen to be told that the FAT was facked and I would have to spend 1 million yen for every photo I wanted recovered. So I then had to pay to put my hard disk in the gomi.

Just thought I'd share that with you mogski.

I'm surprised to hear all these tales of woe about Macs giving users problems. I thought that was only PCs...

Not trying to be an advocate for my Mac, but in this case I think the problem lies with the manufacturer of the Smartmedia.

As for 1 mill per photo, if I have to spend that I will just go back to Utah and do the trip over! Much cheaper.

As for FAT files, perhaps the problem with the damn things lies in the name! If they were SKINNY files I wonder how they would be....

Well folks I lost 4 photographs, but I have 26 others that have returned from the grave.

I figured the problem was my PC card was not compatable with this software and so I went out on a limb and purchased a USB card reader.

Using the above Photo Rescue software trial version I found that 26 of my photos were salvagable prompting me to spend my hard earned $$ & purchasing the software.

So I am a happy camper now and I have decided not to find a tall building and toss my camera.