Oh no! I think I'm addicted to.... (but it's good I can admit it)

Beer costs too much money, especially real beer. \:D

Chu-hi's however are cheap and cheerful and come in a range of flavours that are getting a lot more realistic than they used to be. Suddenly my box marked 'arumi' is overflowing with chu-hi cans of the lemon and ume types. 91 yen a can! - who cares if the economy is taking a deflationary dive if the pool is full of chu-hi?

at the present moment, coffee. just cleaned up 4 cups of the stuff, and currently feel quite shakey. my body feels buzzing but my mind feels like a vegetable.

ive just chucked an all nighter to finish up a research paper on kabuki for a theatre arts course.

Welcome, cd97. To get accepted in this forum, you must learn to accept the cheeseman and you mustn't ignore what he says about cheese.

Why?

Because we can't get rid of him...believe me, we've tried everything!

Soon you'll find you love him too. Then you'll know...you've gone nuts like the rest of us!

• 2 weeks later...

get fat? in Japan? not at all. I spend every day frustrated about what I am going to eat for lunch, I often just don't bother. I really miss the variety of easily accessable food available in most other countries I have been to.

I am usually having to spend Y2000 per lunch just to get a bit of variety.... and I have to leave my desk for 1 hour to do it!! Y2000 on lunch!

Oh, how I miss quick, quality, good value international food offerings all centrally organised within 3 minutes walk from my office block.

As for stepping outside the office to the sidewalk fruit wagon and getting a bunch of grapes, kiwi fruit, 2 bananas and an apple.... no hope.

Get fat in Japan? Not this westerner.