There have been times when I have forgotten to lock my door and not wanted to answer the door when the bell went - but even so, some ojisan opens my door and begins to enter! I HATE THAT. It just happened now.

What I want to know is - is that acceptable behaviour generally or not?

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

oh my god...

don't even get me started...

went on a trip with my gf and stayed in a ryokan...

they brought the dinner to our room, and told us to phone when we were done...

well...things got a little "hot" and we never phoned...next thing we know this old lady comes barging in, pissed that we didn't call, and proceeds to clean our room...we were in shock, and despite our request for her to come back later, she kept cleaning and mumbling, while we were blushing under the covers...

very strange...LOCK YOUR DOORS!

danz

New here, hi.

I hate that too, it is so annoying. I was once naked in my apartment and one of the neighbours walked in (even without ringing the doorbell once). I was furious.

Since then I always double check the door to make sure it is locked.

Happens all the time at my work. On Mondays the cleaning crew comes in. I drink about a gazillion liters of water a day so have to pee quite often (gets me away from the computer at least). I'll be in doing my business and in walks a cleaning lady. She says nothing and just does her business. I'm used to it now. But at my home???? Hell no! I'd be really pissed. I've never locked my door once while living here though. Don't even know if I have a key. Had some Japanese Mormons walk in to my vestibule without an invitation. My 1/2 pit 1/2 lab took care of that. Really sweet dog, but he hates business suits and ties and black books. He likes sweatpants and Hemingway.

I hate to break it to you but the genkan is considered public space, kind of like someones front walk. Most visitors wouldnt come into any other part of my house until Ive invited them in (which I sometimes forget and wonder why they are still standing in the genkan).

Im surprised about the ryokan though Danz. Maybe she just wanted a peep :p

What's entering my house now is the stink of my neighbour's shit. The honey truck is round and a'pumping and my room reeks of fresh fermented turds. Yuk, I can't breath through my nose.

They have the smelliest goddamn cesspit and now the weather's getting hotter I'm either going to have to talk to them about it or complain to the city. How do you broach a subject like that with a neighbour?

We just told my renatl company that the next door neighbours dog shiit stinks! They never clean it up and it jumps on top of old turds and the fresh smell blows straight into my window that can be opened now due to the warmer temps! not to mention the flies.. I thought aussie was bad!

My local NHK guy loves to do that. I think he thinks it gives him the power to make you pay. When he said pay I said fine I didnt want to fight. Then 4 monthes later I get this 10000 yen bill for the TV. That made me boil, I now refuse to pay period.

Ocean you need to talk to that neighbour ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

my next door neighbour used to walk into my apartment all the time while i was in various states of undress.

the second time she caught me post-shower bare-assed, i just turned around to look at her in the eye, gazed down at c*ck and then raised my eyes back to hers, with a very subtle grin on my face (people who`ve seen my drivers license know what that entails). i've never seen her since.

give it a go sometime! there's nothing to be ashamed of either, surely grandma has seen said male anatomy before... but it's all about the presentation! the grin is a surefire way to scare away those pesky senile obaas!

Had one of those religious types trying to barge into my house today.

"Have you heard about people having difficulty sleeping recently...?"

"No. Are you 'religion'?"

"Erm, yes."

"Not interested."

They try all sorts of stupid opening lines, and none of them work.

• 2 weeks later...

You trooper.

People like that seem to get frightened off by me, I wonder why. They start speaking then its a shocked look when the door fully opens and they are presented with a......... gaijin!