Some foreign guy at weekend asked me if I knew about "yellow cab". But he didn't explain the meaning even if I ask., I think some kind of joke. Is there some meaning of "yellow cab" that is funny?

My impression was that it is an EXTREMELY derogatory term applied to young Japanese women who are an easy pick up - just as simple as whistling for a cab. Originating in NY I was told where 1,000's of Japanese women visit, live & work and are easily seduced(tricked) by the local dick-heads. A distasteful play on "yellow" as well. Booooooo!

Snobee I agree that it is a pretty derogatory term, but I don't think Japanese women are all innocents abroad being duped into having sex. My wife and her friend were having a laugh the other night about how "experienced" Japanese women are. They basically agreed that lots (not saying all) of Japanese women are out to shag plenty of foreign guys when they go overseas-and why not?. So maybe there's some truth to the stereotypes.

Davo - sure. But these days the term parallels other expressions like "slut". Stinks of the hypocritical old days when men screwing around were just being good, honest, well...er...red blooded men, but women having fun doing the same were sluts, bangers, yellow cabs ......!

I think these expressions have their place. If the girls want to make up their own equivalents or repurpose the old ones, that's OK with me.

And they're not necessarily hostile or contemptuous expressions either. A few years ago, I'da been very happy to flag down a yellow cab or three.

There's nothing wrong with using the term "slut" depending on the context in which it's used and the intent of the user. A mate of mine is shagging a lot of girls at the moment so he's a "dirty slut" and good on him to. Female friends of mine used to tell me I was a "slut" and I probably was. "Yellow Cab"is somewhat racist I think, and definately derogitory-it's not a term I would use. I use terms like "slut", "dirty tart" and "filthy ****ard" with no malice or derogitory intent.In fact it may be used to compliment the luck and success of whatever "Dirty Ho" I happen to be refering to-be they male or female.

BTW Echiniko the guy you talked with is just a jerk I'd imagine-don't bother with him.