userpic5535pic1140679937eeede.jpg

This was the highlight of my trip to Breckenridge. Well this and visiting Zwelgen. The rails over here are getting big (Yeah, I made it off!!). But I do actually miss that powder. Season is over here in the US. There are a few more runs to be scratched out by die-hard locals, but if I was in Japan, I'd still have 2 more months.

Killin' me.

LaCrosse, eh cheeseRipper - maybe you know the Pirnstills?, I mostly rode at Hakuba 47/Goryu, and Nozawa.

That rail looks nice and horizontally long in the picture, but when you are approaching it, it just looks like you are about to ride straight up a wall. Damn thing kicked me off the top every time I got halfway - tough to switch all of that momentum half-way.

Quote:
Originally posted by barok:
Season is over here in the US.
Head out to the NW then. Tons of skiing still to be had in some great conditions. I just checked a few of the mts in Oregon and they have more snow right now than most mts over here maxed out at this season. The season is definately not over in the US. I'll trade ya places \:\)

Season is going strong in BC.

I just skiied Kicking Horse and it was amazing. Steepest terrain I have seen. And so many chutes. I was in heaven. Snow was dry up top and then super slush down low. So you got all the conditions every run as you had to ski out the full 1200 metres.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, that's one big mutha! eek.gif I think I've only been able to clear rails 1/3? 1/4? of that. Hey Barok where do you go riding up in Wis? Here in Southern Cali you've got two choices...icy or slushy. But screw all that I'm heading up to Mammoth in less than 12 hours! \:D

Yes thank me for that brilliant photo. It would have been a lot better if Id got him coming down the other side too but ah well. More practice needed from me i think.

Yeah that rail was siiick. I couldnt believe it when Barok first attempted it. That guy has balls of steel for sure. The park at Breck was huge for sure, but the pipe. Oh the pipe. Thats where it was at.

Was def cool riding with Barok. I miss riding with you fellas. Maybe next season. Im going to Canada and this time with sister in tow - trouble makers for sure. Any suggestions for a good place to ride? Not one of the big comercial ones though. Thinking SE of BC, round Fernie/Big White area

hey where are you know? I would try fernie or castle if your really into seeing Canada on the dirt hit whitewater oh the powder.

Good the tms worked out. I injuryed myself and thus sunted a bit of my spring goals. got the fs 3 and 5 in the pipe plus finally got on them rails.