I have a horrendous commute 10-15 times during the winter. It starts off at the JR Umeda bus terminal at 9:45 pm and ends around 6:00 am at the Goryu bus terminal. In between we must endure stops at lame highway restaurants ,but it is good to get out of those cramped seats. Is it worth it? Absolutely.

During the rest of the year most of my commuting consists of 20 minute bike rides around the city-I do my best to stay off the train or subways.

(Almost) totally off the topic, I had a homestay waaaaaay back when I was a high school student and she was from Itami where the domestic airport is in nthn Osaka. So after the Kobe earthquake her Dad HAD to go to work in Kobe so he rode his little mamachari bike for about 4 hrs one way to get to work for a while until the transport system was sorted out again. And this was in January so cold. Bugger that eh!

davo. someone who shares the pain, sniff, we should get together some time and talk. it helps to get your feelings out about horrible events like these bus trips. others know how u feel too. i go to a group session on wednesdays, and there are some really nice people there. u should come along. we talk about our experiences, and just let it all out. hope to see u soon. mika

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
I have a horrendous commute 10-15 times during the winter. It starts off at the JR Umeda bus terminal at 9:45 pm and ends around 6:00 am at the Goryu bus terminal. In between we must endure stops at lame highway restaurants ,but it is good to get out of those cramped seats. Is it worth it? Absolutely.
During the rest of the year most of my commuting consists of 20 minute bike rides around the city-I do my best to stay off the train or subways.
Yes sir Johnny Appleseed! and that commute sucks even more when the morons put you right up in the front seat, the seat with absolutely the least legroom because of the walls. Keep the gaijinn close at hand....you never know what crazy things they will do... :p
  • 2 weeks later...