You hear some funny stuff.

There are plenty of males around who have qualified for Japanese citizenship. And any kid born in Japan to a Japanese parent is qualified whatever its sex.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have kids so this with them feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I do beleive that don't matter where the child of Japanese parent(s) is born they must by the age of 20 choose which citizenship they which to have.

I beleive dual citizenship in this country does not exist.

Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:

I beleive dual citizenship in this country does not exist.
IO believe that is the law, however I know a few people who have slipped through the net. All are USA/Japanese passport holders.

Mogs,

One of my friends who was half OZ & half Japanese had to give up his dual citizenship and decide which passport he wanted before he turned 21 (it may have been 20, I can't exactly remember though)

How long must we be here for before recieving a "permanent resident status"

and O11, they don't have an FAQ for "I HAVE A VISA BUT WHY DO I NEED TO FORK OUT EXTRA BUCKS FOR A RE-ENTRY VISA!!"

bobby, if you marry a Japanese you can get a spouse visa that allows you to work in Japan. You're no longer at the mercy of people firing you so that you have to leave the country. You can also hire other people if you have the need.

The length of time you need to be here before getting permanent residency depends on the locale. Some bureaus keep stringing you along on one-year and three-year visas. Others may suggest you apply for permanent status. Shortest I've heard of is about six years.

And there'll never be a FAQ about the re-entry visa because the answer would be short, blunt, and cause an uproar.

It's funny, but this thread has turned from romance to bidness rather quickly. \:o

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
Same definitely goes for the girls. I keep telling Barok, but he just moves further in to the woods. \:D
You see Enderzero not everyone is here just to spade J-gals, other people have different priorities you know :p although Id say that it is one of the nice bonuses of this country for 90% of the fellas here.

And whoever asked nekobi why not:
most people are married by 25 but mess round on their missus - no thanks!
chauvanisitc, useless, clueless guys
everyone lives with their parents till they get married - a bunch of mummys boys that cant fend for themselves!
skinny. shorter than me and nekobi

not that there arent catches out there, just that they are few and far between