Glue by Irvine Welsch (sp?). One of those books that when you finish reading it, you don't want to read anything else for a while its that good. Guys may enjoy it more than girls though.

The Heike Story. Theres an AWESOME translation of Heike Monogatari, all loosely based on truth about samurai, waring monks, maidens, Emperors Kyoto, Osaka (Naniwa as it was called) ... couldnt put it down and helped to understand a lot of the history in a way that you didnt feel like you were learning stuff.

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective people.

I am still stuck on the first habit. Seem to fall alseep to quickly.

I always enjoy flipping through old Powder mags during spring/summer.

Powder mags are too expensive here. one mag is the price of yearly subscribtion back home.

Im still reading the Lord of the rings trilogy. 2monthes on and finally halfway through. That walk through the old forest was long.

I liked glue too but irvine does push the barriers to the limit. Filth was the worst (in terms of depicting the despicable elements of life). Currently reading The Red Tent, a tale woven around biblical characters. Probably a girly read though. (well, the title is about group menstruation!)

sharon- i loved the red tent! i don't know biblical stories at all, but i still found it really interesting. definitely recommend it for the ladies out there, probably too celebratory of menstration and sisterhood for the dudes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Powder mags are too expensive here. one mag is the price of yearly subscribtion back home.
Hence having an Int'l subscription. 5 mags for the price of one in the stores. Get em way before the store does too.