LOTR: Fellowship vs Two Towers

There is a 3rd episode on the way, no? I am waiting until it comes out then buying all 3 on DVD to watch them in a row. I hear that each episode leaves you waiting on the next, thus i will watch them all in a row.

yeah, definitely a good idea db. will have to copy you on that bc i havent seen any yet. i have a friend who hasnt seen star wars. i think he should just wait for episode three. then he could have a total marathon and watch all 6 in the right order.

probably fellowship is a little better (more enjoyable?) coz there isn't so much action taking place on the grand scale of the two towers. its a bit more personal and intimate. being the first one, the fellowship is perhaps always going to be just that little more special ;\)

still, two towers was amazing, the helms deep scenes were mind blowing. can't wait for the return of the king, more huge battle scenes and lots of other stuff.

i think i must now be officially a geek. i post on a computer forum and talk about sword and sorcery movies - this is what japan does to people.

Two Towers by far..

the 1st one was average.

i didnt understand the2nd one cause i didnt concerntate in the 1st one but the 2nd one was much more entertaining! the trees man and legolass surfing on a battle thing! (u all know what i mean!! hehahe)

and when he gets on that horse! awesome!

LOTR was written well before Harry was. As for the movies, it think it was pretty close. Although most of the trilody of LOTR was filmed at the same time, but I'd say that Golem was added in at the end has he is computer generated for the most part.

Agreed with you there S_F_G Legolas yum yum yum

I thought that the 1st was a slightly more interesting story wise but the action and tension in the 2 Towers was way cool

(usesless brag here, the scene for helms deep is a quarry about 10 mins from my house in NZ, even got to see Liv Tyler at a local bar one time but alas Legolas kept himself well hidden)

Two Towers is better than the Fellowship? What a bunch of blood thirsty, insensitive yobs!

Fellowship had those scenes from the great last battle when Isldur captured the ring, it had the fireworks in the shire, it avoided the whole boring bit with Tom Bombodile (sp?), the life and death struggle in Moria, the death of not one but two of the main characters, enough gory fight scenes to satify most normal people (not many on this thread apparantly - normal people that is), several demonstrations of the terrible power of the ring and even a hint as to how the whole thing ends (!).

Two Towers is a link to the final struggle. Its spectacular yes, but lacks substance and cut out a lot of good stuff with Merry, Pippin and the Ents.

They are both fantastic. Got the 4 dvd set of the first one - about 9 hours of material on that thing (plus 4 feature length commentaries) - the best DVD out there no doubt \:\)