• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Moto GP URT2 - out yesterday. Only played it for a few hours but it looks excellent. All in English, superb graphics and feel - and full Xbox Live!

Get it!

Played the above online - it was really good fun. I never imagined how significant racing against people would enhance the experience. Great fun.

I've had a go on Mech Assault. No slowdown at all. It was a really cool experience.... difficult to believe that you were playing with other people online at the same time.

Moto GP is supposed to be excellent.

no theres always at least enough people there to play games with diff people.

I just completed Splinter Cell. I think its only out in the US, but its f-ing amazing!!! Its like this spy game where you sneak around behind guards and take them out, a bit like GoldenEye64 on the N64 but 10x better.

Yeah but the games, the games.

I heard Microsoft are going to come out with a smaller Xbox (same insides) later this year in Japan. Trying to appeal to the people who can't fit the current on into their homes lol.gif

Just on Xbox live before, Moto GP2. Great game. Pity about some of the people on there today. Perhaps my timing was just bad. But it seemed to be almost policy of the idiots online that if a Japanese guy comes into a game, all the "dudes" just come on with "size of dick" comments and more racist comments.

It happened in 3 sessions I was in, each with different people in them.

Quite sad really.

Something like that is bound to happen to some extent. I can imagine lots of the Japanese games being dead police with their yoroshikus etc and some bozo comes on just to insult them. \:\(

• 3 months later...

Project Gotham Racing 2 for the xbox is an awesome game. Loads on the single play mode, but its also connected up to xbox live and live-aware even when you're in single player mode. If you have an xbox, get this racer!

I agree! Big fat thumbs up and I'll even go so far as to call it the best racer of all time.

I love PG1 but don't think I would have called it that. But they have left everything good about PG1 and changed what needed to be. I especially like the showroom where you can test drive all the cars, and the fact that you can pick which cars to buy instead of just winning random ones (oh boy a Camaro).

Only thing PG2 misses is being able to drive around Shibuya.

If anyone hasn't checked it out yet, you have got to play Topspin. It's a tennis game, but it is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It may be worth looking into xbox live for this one even. I am pretty amazed at how much fun a tennis game can be. It has made me want to take up tennis.

My missus just scored a Play Station 1 for 1,800 yen on Yafoo auctions with about 8 software titles including a racing game. My how we laughed when we watched the replay of my first race. Is that Impreza looking for a parking space perhaps?

Apart from a few goes on an Ataaari when I was 12, pretty much so.

I'm not hugely enchanted with game consoles. If you put money in an arcade game, there's an incentive to get something out of it. With a game console, it's very 'take it or leave it'.