Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:
Good on you for not mixing it up! I don't see the point of mixing either.
\:D
I was shocked to learn when I moved to Vic that the participated in the atrocious habit of mixing. I was only young but thought that all just ripped off a bud and whacked it in??? bloddy victorians! what would you expect!
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The greatest quandary re. smoking Is definitely the 2nd smoke issue. Smokers rights, health & wellness, manners, ventilation, etc are all but side issues. Gorging on mars bars is a persons inalienable right - until the point where the residue of such (from both holes) splatters me. I have a right to drink - but not a right to spray everyone with the resulting residue ie. giving golden showers. The same goes for all habits. So why should I accept tobacco residue - smoke - being spattered, sprayed , blown or coughed up all over me. Keep it within your bodily confines and I've got no beef - suckers. \:D

snobee, I think what you're advocating there is a bubble apparatus that goes over the head of the smoker and is sealed around the neck. Interesting approach.

I've always thought that Japanese cars need an exhaust diverter function - after idling of more than 5 minutes, the exhaust should be diverted into the cabin.

ooh, i like the bubble idea... very futuristic. not necessarily just for smokers, for everyone. maybe as pollution defence, or maybe just tinted as a new styles of shades cool.gif .

have u thought of dropping this idea into the fashion thread.

where can i get this bubble? i wanna be one of the first!!

Well apparently what you can't get is a Hazardous Materials suit (spaceman haz-mat suits like in "Outbreak"). Rumor has it that the American Armed Forces have bought up all the suits being produced for the next 3 months!! Meaning doctors on the front lines of the SARS fight in Hong Kong are being forced to work on patients lungs (to try to save their lives) with not much more than the masks you see many a japanese hay fever sufferer wearing. The hospitals have been trying to order the haz-mat suits but are being stone walled as the companies that make them are working double time to provide the US Military with its orders.

O-11 - wasn't actually thinking about the bubble concept, but probably worthwhile pursuing. Unlimited possibilities - smoking while surfing comes to mind. I was hinting more at the "inhale only" technique based on ancient yoga principles, somewhat akin to the practice of deepsea free divers who remain submerged at depth for extended times. In the case of smokers, hopefully after 5+mins all the grot has been absorbed into their system, with no offending exhaled fumes to worry about. But might need hand bubbles to containerize the noxious haze drifting from the source. Or better still encourage smokers to put their undoubtedly superior sucking skills to more useful applications. \:D

• 2 weeks later...