I've had a couple of experiences which make me believe that there are ghosts or spirits of some kind. There may well be an obvious explanation for each and every thing that happened, but i couldn't think of one.

One time at my sisters place in the country my brother and I were out int he backyard playing on a trampoline. The house backs onto an old graveyard where around 50 victims of a train crash are buried. Pretty freaky place really. Anyway, we were out there and then we both heard this whispery raspy voice saying my name. We kinda looked at each other but chalked it up to the wind. But it happened several times and got clearer and clearer. We freaked out and bolted inside. I was about 14 at the time.

The other thing happens in our house, though i haven't experienced it for a while. Basically you can here these heavy foot steps walking up and down the hallway at night. They should very heavy and very defined. The hallway is wooden floor boards s i thought it could be the wood expanding and contracting with temperature changes. But its why too defined for that. I've heard it on probably a dozen occassions. Other people have also heard it, so i'm not going crazy. One night i heard it and was feeling adventurous so i stuck my head round he corner and flicked on the light. Nothing. Couldn't see a thing, but i could still hear the foot steps walking. Really freaky shit. Also the hallway feels eeiry (sp?) sometimes at night, it just feels odd.

I've gone through a million thigns that it could be but i can't see a resonable explanation for it.

sometimes things in life can take a turn for the interesting...

way back in the day, i was homeless for a few weeks after uni was out, before visiting the folks in the uk, an i managed to score a pad about 60k's outta town after a tiresome week of couch surfing. some old timers holiday home, vacant 99% of the time. it took like 1 1/2 hours to get the bus into town as it zigzagged past every house in the area, so i invited a chum up for an eve to combat my isolation. we took to talkin of spooky things. then rested to await the sandman around 3ish, but shortly after finishing the gab, a light went on in the kitchen. it was very scary.

yeah similar thing to Mikazooki. I was housesitting with my sis and the rooms were opposite each other and we usually slept with the doors open. One night I woke up in the middle of the night with my skin crawling and couldnt work it out. I did the "are you awake" biz and she was and felt creepy too. We went to the toilet and decided it must have just been a noise or something. Went back to our beds and a few mins later the bathroom light flicked on. Shit that was scarey so needless to say I spent the rest of the night in her bed and other creepy feelings around. Waaaay too scared to open my eyes I was. I still cant think of a single rational reason why the light could have gone on.

Another thing, she lived in a place in Melbourne, Brunswick St if that means anything to yas. Well in years gone by it was a brothel and she told me that shed seen 2 ghosts on different occasions and her boyf had seem them too. Both just kind of dark shadows in old style long dresses. One danced down the stairs and through a door, one kept looking through what might have once been a peephole in the same door. My sis said the last time she saw it she tried to speak to it but he voice was sleep dry and a croak came out and the apparition disappeared. Id think she was speaking whack (esp the substances those 2 consume) but theyd both seen it on multiple occasions and at differnt times.

Oooh Im creeping myself out writing this.

Have I ever seen them? No

Do I believe in them - not sure but,

Back home in Hawaii, there are a lot of ghost stories - these are a few I have been told -

When I was about very young, I lived in Maili on the island of Oahu. One morning when I was about 9 years old, my mom told us that she woke up in the middle of the night because someone was choking her. Her arms were at her sides, and she tried to move them to wake up my father sleeping next to her but couldn't, she couldn't open her eyes, nor could she speak either. The choking continued until she almost passed out and then it went away. She said she knew right away it was a ghost (she believed in them)...The area our house was in was the scene of a great battle back in ancient Hawaiian times, and her thought was it was somehow related to that...

Later when I was a 12, we moved to the Big Island of Hawaii and we built our own house. There is a thing in Hawaii called Amakua. Amakua is like a guardian spirit, and doesn't have to be a human form - my best friends family Amakua is the shark. The reason they have the shark is because my friends grandmother (as told to me directly by her when we were children) is because when she was a lot younger, she gave birth to a child who was born with a sharks mouth on his back. She said they then placed the baby into the ocean and the baby turned into a shark and swam away becoming their Amakua. Obviously a strange story but you have to know this lady was sharp as a tack - not senile and making stuff up, and my friends father, uncles and aunts all said she was telling the truth. I don't know - maybe they were trying to scare us but one thing I do know, their family is very successful at fishing back home - 7 figure successful...

Anyway - more on the Amakua thing - when I was a teen living in our new home on the Big Island, my mom said she used to wake up once in a while and see this ancient Hawaiian Warrior standing in her bedroom doorway. She said he always looked non-threatening, more like he was just checking to see if things were ok - she called him our Amakua...neither of my brothers, my dad, nor I ever saw him though...

In Okinawa, there is an old broken down hotel thats been closed for years and is supposed to be haunted. My boys and their friends went one night and took a video camera. While they were there, both of my boys swear they saw something out of the corner of their eyes near an empty swimming pool that has a huge tree growing in the middle of it - a boy with a white shirt they thought but couldn't be sure. Later when they went their friends home to view the video tape, there is one scene where you can see a pair of hands and arms holding onto a bannister near the stairs. They showed it to my ex, and she told me she saw them too but I never got to see the tape for myself.

A few months later, the Japanese TV show USO went there to check it out. They didn't find anything but they did say a little boy drowned in the pool and that had something to do with the hotel closing.

A few months after that, a bunch of the guys that worked for me went to the hotel to check it out. They were mostly drunk and walking along when "Weaver" takes off at a full run. No scream, no talking, no nothing. Just takes off running. They took off after him and found him at the bottom of a small hill. Not a cliff he could fall off of, but not something you could easily walk down either. Anyway, he was out cold. They carried him back to the car and too him to the hospital emergency room at Camp Lester (Navy Hospital). Eventually he woke up but couldn't speak, and was virtually paralyzed. Within a few days, he started to regain movement, and could speak softly and slowly. He had no recollection of the incident. MRIs, Cat Scans, X-Rays all showed negative but there was something definetly wrong so they airlifted him to Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington DC. The last I'd heard, he was "progressing" but they still didn't know what was wrong with him.

My last story is recent. Just before I went to Okinawa for my surgery, my ex-wife called. She's back home in Hawaii and recently went to the island of Maui for her youngest brothers wedding. They had the reception at a beach park and there was a cemetary nearby. Lots of pictures were taken, and in one picture, taken of her and the wedding cake (which she made), there are the distinct features of another womans face and hands. She says its clear enough that everyone who sees the picture sees the image right away without being told. Really creepy she said - I'm waiting for my copy of the pic to come in the mail.

All "true" stories, told to me first hand by the folks who believed in them 100 percent.

Do I believe in ghosts - not sure but one thing is for sure, if there is such a thing, that means when you die, there is something else eh?

mmm.... some interesting storys there kids....

Im unsure bout it all, i cant say i do believe in ghosts but i cant say i dont believe in ghosts....

Its almost like if i say i do then i'll see one and if i say i dont one will come and scare me....

I'd rather neither of those options.

Anyways this topic is freakin me out cause my parents are away and im house sitting...! ARGH! confused.gif \:\(