for sure, I have had some good tasting fruit here. The pears and varieties thereof are pretty good. Plus you can usually be sure that the fruit that you bought will taste ok, unlike the gamble that it can be in Oz. But all up, it doesn't make the grade.

Anyway, what the hell are you trying to say about Australians? I can hear it in your undertones. Get stuffed!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio:
db, can i suggest you avoid the big Supers when it comes time to buy your fruit and veg and start hunting round for those little places run by 90 year old women with bad backs....there are gems to be found!
but i think what DB is trying to say is that in Oz you don't need to find that little gem coz most fruit shops all have good shit anyway!... that goes for most things here, yeah some stuff you can get but 99% of the time its too bloody expensive or way way out of the way to even bother... i miss old el paso tortillias from the supa!

You can`t get decent mexican food here, at least not at a reasonable price and it`s a damn shame cuz mexican food is so easy - corn (tortillas), refried beans, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, hot peppers. - There are at least 2 or 3 items here that simply can`t be found where I live. And chips and Salsa for cripessake - it`s so freakin` simple - I should almost go into business making chips and salsa.

What else - veggie burgers - I used to live on these damn things when I lived in the States, now I would have to do some stupid foreign buyers crap to get the goods - I`m way to lazy for that sorta thing.

What else - decent beer at a reasonable price - since it is what I spend so much money on in the first place, it should at least taste good, and not cost a day`s pay to buy a reasonable quantity.

I have lost 10 kg in Japan - the restaurant food sucks, the stuff in the grocery stores sucks, The homecooked meals are great, but they are made by housewives with years of experience, not bachelors on a budget.

Barok, U should learn 2 cook bro!

Japanese food is the freakin easiest food to make coz its really only 2 flav's (Dashi & Soy) though it can be a head F%'k to cook all those little dishes when U R starving!

yer DAMN right Indo` - I gotta get somebody here who is interested in cultural exchange to show me how to cook J-phood.

Now for my part of the deal - I could show `em how to make corn-dogs, beer flavored bratwurst, beef jerky, hamburgers, meatloaf, mash-taters, cornbread, greasy fried chicken, sausage and gravy, yeee-haaaaaw! ! I could show `em how to shoot guns and spit tabaccy. How to rope cows and grow a beer gut - ahhh Americana. \:D

Too many to mention, but mainly I just miss the variety in restaurants.

But like what I think Jared was saying...as many threads as there are about things we miss about home, I think when I leave Japan there will be more things I miss about it than there are currently things I miss about home. My opinion at least (obviously not db's \:D )

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
My opinion at least (obviously not db's \:D )
damn friggin right.

Mind you, I am not busting at the gate to leave. I just think life in Tokyo is crap, thats all.
  • 4 weeks later...

NY style pizza, good mexican food, cajun food (haven't come across any in japan), "real" steak, disgustingly sweet American cereals (I might be alone on that one), good bagels, real bacon, Hooters buffalo wings, American Doritos, a selection of beer, Deli subs/sands..... hmmm... guess thats all I got for now.

fish and chips,

fish butty w/ scraps,

chip butty w/ curry sauce,

steak and kidney pie,

Heinz baked beans on toast,

mi grannys Yorkshire pudding,

every chocolate bar except snickers and M and Mm's,

a right good chicken tikka masala,

with onion barji,

and a peshwari nan,

does beer count? - John Smiths (awa nashi de)

spaghetti hoops,

weetabix,

ribena,

and a few more im sure but feeling a bit brain dead now and canny think!

Oh - Heinz ox tail soup, with dip dips.

and a right good greasy breaky from some greasy caff!