I borrowed a bunch of vids off a mate a while ago and there was one called something like "the girls just got it" and when I started watching it I honestly for the life of me couldnt work out whether it was a spoof or not. It was so cheesy, technicolour, blond busty lady who is connected to the gang boss with his bufoon henchmen. It seriously was really funny and when I realised that it was for real I really got into it.... and they all lived happily ever after.

One thing I noticed was the guys were all kind of slim, borderline skinny and the ladies were kind of fat, Marrilyn Munroe fat, fat ass and tiny corseted Im guessing waist. And yeah, not much background music, just stuff leading into scenes.

But I like the old james bond, pink panther etc, a good alternative if all the new releases are gone as is often the case - cos theres so much to do in my town!

T axi Driver is a great flick. As is Stanley Kubricks version of "The Shining". Not sure when that was made though but it's relatively old. Awesome movie. Anyone ever seem the special feature with Jack Nicholson getting amped before doing a scene??? Crazy!!

But I don't know if I really consider those 70s movies "old movies." When I think of cheesy old movies, b&w from the 50s comes to mind.

I love 70s era Hollywood movies, but I think my favorite movies of all time are Akira Kurosawa's B&W flicks. Has anyone seen Hidden Fortress (Kakushi toride no san akunin)?

Enderzero: yeah, I have "Hidden Fortress" on video; apparently, George Lucas lifted alot of the plot for "Star Wars" from that classic.

I have couple others if you wanna borrow; "Yojimbo" is my favorite right now.

Thanks Goemon. Yeah he definitely got the R2D2/C-3P0 interaction form there. A lot is just classic hero's journey stuff too.

Yeah I love Yojimbo (have that one). Have you seen the unofficial sequel Sanjuro? Do you have Yume (Dreams)? What about Akahige (Red Beard)?

Isn't Mifune such a joy to watch on screen?

Da balls, huh? That is really funny - because MistaSparkle and I were just having a conversation where we were trying to think of an example of balls being used in a positive way. We concluded that "balls" is always negative (cold as balls, hot as balls = both bad). I guess you have proven us wrong.

Quote:
We concluded that "balls" is always negative (cold as balls, hot as balls = both bad). I guess you have proven us wrong.
Upon second evaluation in the use of "balls", we concluded that having balls is good as in: "that car's got balls," or "he/she's got balls," but it's negative to be compared to balls: "It's hot as balls", "This lift is slow as balls".

Goemon has introduced a new paradigm to the use of balls where something is (the/da) balls: "Mifune is da balls". I'll open this up for debate... if having balls is good, and being compared to balls is bad.... then what does it mean to be balls?

I gotta say, whether or not Mifune is da balls, I don't think I would like "be" balls.

This falls into the comparison category...but you could say "that girl is balls ugly" but you could never say "that girl is balls cute."

It may just be a matter of semantics, but I'd say if someone always goes "balls to the walls" or "balls out" or is "pretty ballsy" (not "balls pretty", mind you which does not conjure an image of beauty), then that person qualifies for the attribution "da balls". Thus, "Mifune is da balls" because he always acts "balls out", ie putting all of his effort into his acting.

And thanks for correcting your tag, Mista Sparkle ;\)