Wow, well I haven't been here very long - but I'll offer up a few general observations.

Best place to hang out on a sunny Sunday: Yoyogi-koen. So much to see and do here from the swap meet to the free parties to the rock-a-billy showmen. Or just go with a frisbee or hackey sack and have some fun.

Best place to see pretty Japanese girls: Shibuya. 'nuff said.

Best place to meet pretty Japanese girls: Roppongi. Not necessarily the best, but the easiest.

Coolest club I have been to so far: Milk in Ebisu.

Best Sushi: Tsukiji. Get there early (like before 7am) and check out the fish market. It'll blow your mind. Then feast on delicous fresh sushi.

Nicest subway line: Namboku

Best way to save time and headaches when first coming to Tokyo: Buy subway cards and JR Suica. And never have to worry about how much it is from this stop to that one, etc.

Most overrated club in Roppongi: Gas Panic ugghh!

So there are a few to get you going. Anyone been to the T.Y. Harbor Brewing place? It's supposed to be the only micro brewery in Tokyo. I have been wanting to check that place out if we want to get something together.

If I say something is 'best about Tokyo' it doesn't mean that I think it is good, I just think that within the framework provided (ie Tokyo) it is the best. I just don't want anyone thinking my glass is half full. It ain't. It is empty.

The best thing about Tokyo is **I have been sitting here for 5 minutes thinking and cleaning my dirty fingernail** The fact that you can dress pretty much as you please. There will always be a freakier freak. I am yet to take advantage of this Tokyo highlight. OK, how about this: the clothes shopping is pretty damn good.

To be honest, I have had fun with friends, but that was because I was with friends. I am yet to do or see one thing here that I have said "cool, I want to do/see that again. If a visitor from Australia comes here I must do/see this with them."

I am left in wonder at the high quality of the train service here. Horrible crowds sure, but a great service. Plus it is clean.

General personal safety.

I like the fact that my fiance can walk home by herself at night and feel safe and comfortable. I like not having to wrry about her wandering into the "wrong" neighbourhood.

enderzero, what I like about you is that you're a genuine enthusiast, whatever the subject.

db, what I like about you is that you're rude, and don't care who knows it.

I really don't like Tokyo myself, and can't imagine living there. One of the great miseries of travel anywhere overseas is going through Tokyo - it feels like riding into a boil on the tip of a doctor's lance.

its safe. but for me singapore is just as equally safe.

im not that fond of much in tokyo. i go there practically every holiday i get, and its starting to grow tiresome. maybe its due to the fact that i dont really know anyone my age, im sure if i went to school there it would be a whole different story.

without spending buckets of moolah there isnt that much to do.

Thanks Ocean. You're a stand up gentleman and you have excellent grammar.

I do like Tokyo..a lot actually. I am really attracted to big cities and the infrastructure of this one blows my mind. Look at all the layers there are to this city. Subways on multiple levels, street, trains, express ways - crazy! Seattle is just streets. All cars. I love the ease of just hopping on a train and whizzing across the city without ever thinkning about traffic or parking.

I agree it as amazing place for its unique Tokyo-ness. No other city like it. But the novelty wore off pretty fast.

Perhaps if I were single and pelvic thrusting my way around Tokyo like other guys I know it would be more fun. As Enderz said recently "db, you bought your own sandwich to a banquet". I see his point.

Thankyou Ocean!!

ps -

my girl ain't no sambo.

Endo mate TY's is a cool restaurant with yes micro's but I wouldn't really say it is tops. It's tops cause they are the only micros brewed and available here in Tokyo.

Check it out if you can.

Take a woman there you take her home for sure!