Sexiest japanese girls name!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn echineko! sorry!

but on reflection, if I had put echineko, I think everyone would vote for it. So lets assume echineko is the best, and vote for the 2nd best name.

i gather none of those names are "translatable" cause a lot i cant even pronounce! i know an Emi shes lovely! and a knew an Aya she was very nice too...!

....? can you translate names?.... is samantha a name in japanese?

***BTW THIS IS S_G_F / SAM *** someone didnt logout at my house!!! DREW!!! cause u need more posts!! \:\)

I like Fujiko, and Satomi.

This brings up a whole larger point. Can a name really be sexy? Isn't it really an association we have had with someone that bears that name (or multiple people)? Take any common english name for example. If you knew one or two sexy Jessicas in school than maybe the name Jessica seems especially sexy to you...yet I might have know a real horrorshow with that name that has scarred me (or worse yet, a family member). Eleanore is my grandmother's name and therefore will never seem "sexy" to me.

So true Ender, so true! with names, its not so much that they`re sexy, i think it`s more that we like the sound- they have a certain ring to them.

that `grandma` word assocciation thingy is also true. but i rekon it only works to the negative. e.g. if ya meet a girl called `Kylie`, are ya constantly thinking `Minouge`? maybe initially, okay, then ya move on. BUT, say ya meet a girl that has tha same name as ya ma, yar gonna be constantly thinkin `(insert `Ma`s name here)`.

and yeah o11, `minobu` does have a good ring to it.

just a thought

I have to agree with you Ocean, Shakuhachiko is a great name. Unfortunately I have never met a girl fortunate enough to have been given that name! She would have to be decent at it thats for sure, with a name like that.

Just plain old "Yuki" has good memories for me. Miho is nice. Tomo too. You have to think of names that are actually pronouncable in English. Otherwise they just sound like a different name and even the girl herself gets confused whether these people are actually referring to her or not.

I also have to agree with ender and the associations we have with particular names. Often it is people you have been to school with that give you these ideas and prejudices about different names. Do people take these associations into consideration when they name their own children? I could never name my kids Gwendolyn, Natalie, Nina, Carlie, Cheryl, or anything strange like Nobu. The first Japanese guy I ever met was called Nobu and we couldnt work out whether this guy was having a lend of us.

Also, what is it with Chinese people who give themselves English names? They always seem to be unusual, old-fashioned names like Herman or Stanley or Horris. There was a girl at my high school who was from hong kong and her parents had given her the english first name "holly" when her last name was "kong". There was another girl called "Pebbles Wont". Korean people seem to have English names too. Do Japanese ever give themselves English names? I knew a Japanese girl who was working in an international kindergarten near kobe and she was asked to make up an english name for herself. Me and a me mates could not work out why they wanted this girl to have a "Western" name... we ended up talking her in to calling herself "Borabora"!!!

For me, it sounds sexy, I like the meaning (love!), my favorite female is called Ai, and all the Ai's I have known have been really nice.

But my experience with Reiko is much different image for me.