I scored 612 on the obove site but a 997 on a test at dslreports.com. I'm using fiber optics...talk about not reaching your potential!! I should have 100Mbps!!

Who cares? It all seems to come gliding down the pipe pretty fast these days.

If you want extra speed, it's probably better to get a faster processor than keep paying for a faster connection.

sorry cant check my bandwidth, cos after reading more on the p2p thing i decided it was time (ive avoided it cos i knew it would be trouble).

but my bandwidth is serving me ok, downloaded more than 20Gb of shit in 2 days.

its amazing how interesting it is to sit and watch the downlad speeds change.

i pay for 1.5Mbps cable and usu get around 1, but very rarely, if ever, fill it with use. couldnt get ADSL cos they were laying the hikari fibres round my house when i moved in, ADSL was out and the it wouldve taken 6wks to hook into the new stuff (but the claim was it would be fast) my friend round the corner get 3Mbps on an 8 meg line.

try the yahoo bb speedchecker in japan,

those american testers test with downloads that go thru a number of servers and may underestimate your potential speed. (but most of our traffic prpbably heads stateswards, so its a fair reflection on what u really get)

try pc pitstop ... if u r happy letting them penetrate your computer and read all your files they will do a performance assessment and add the results to their database. (i wouldnt do it now, as i actually need my computer, but did it on an old pc with nothing of importance on). at the end, if they identify a problem, they will let u know and, will no doubt recommend some handy software for u to buy. \:\)