Can anyone comment on the relative snowboarding merits of Tanigawadake and Kagura during Golden Week this year?

I went to Kagura mid-March, and the lower runs were becoming a bit slushy by 2PM.

I haven't been to Tanigawadake - it would be a shorter trip for me.

You've only got a few choices so you can't be too picky. Hakuba Goryu/47 may still be open and Happo-One is usually open til GW. If you're situated close by go there. I hit up Shiga Kogen last GW and it was pretty pathetic...skating through bamboo fields while dodging dirt patches and rocks. Although '01~'02 season didn't see much snowfall, I remember Tashiro/Kagura wasn't bad at all for GW. If you feel the need to go out of the way then give Okutadami Maruyama a try. But I heard it was crowded and icy up there last season. Hope this helps.

P.S. you WILL get slush anywhere you go

Quote:
Originally posted by frannyo:
I'd rather not go than be confronted by that kind of thing. It just spoils it. Wait until next season.
No dude, you've gotta keep on shredding til there's none left! \:\) I'm heading up to Mammoth again next weekend (so I can finally pick up & start using my season pass).