Rereading A Brief History of Time. Also, I read the 5 books from A Song of Fire and Ice, the fantasy books that Game of Thrones is based on. I usually don't like fantasy but those books are hard to put down once you get into them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of when Bob Geldof published his autobiography and it was immediately put on the A-level English lit syllabus.

I've seen a few bits of pdf of it and the bits about the band, supposedly written in Fear and Loathing style, were frankly embarrassing. Where he talks about writing "Shes so 20th Century" about Paula Yates, for example.

I was only about nine or ten at the time, but even the kids in my class knew the Boomtown Rats were not remotely cool.

He's also a [censored] and Roxanne is not the greatest song ever written, but even Sting's wasn't that bad of a read.

An even younger Morrissey had another encounter with Coronation Street as a teenager. After accidentally stumbling onto the soap’s set in Manchester, he found himself accosted by a woman bearing a bundle of scripts.

The woman enlisted the young Morrissey to appear as an extra in period drama The Stars Look Down to be filmed that weekend. His role was a tiny part involving no dialogue. “Even if you don’t blink at all you will miss me”, he said.

:lol:

OK finished Morrissey's Autobiography.

Interesting, perhaps not as much as I had hoped.

As was said, more Smiths would have been good.

So great one liners of course.

Chances of a get back together of the 4... er, not good.

It would be fun to see what Mozzlerrer and Marr would do together again though I suppose.