Yeah peter Hook is a real Tw@t....it comes across very easily in the way he writes. The book itself is good, but I wasn't really interested in the early stuff before House music took over. Could probably cut the first 6 or 7 chapters and start at 1987 for me! lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Yeah peter Hook is a real Tw@t....it comes across very easily in the way he writes. The book itself is good, but I wasn't really interested in the early stuff before House music took over. Could probably cut the first 6 or 7 chapters and start at 1987 for me! lol

Interesting story though hey.

Did you experience the Hacienda yourself, TB?

I'm reading Gaijan now by James Clavell - quite enjoying it. Some characters have just died!

I lost my first copy in the Feb 22nd quake - some builder at the hospital has it now, along with my two favourite national geographics! but mum bought me a new copy, yay, along with a copy of his childrens book (I know, wtf) called Thrump-o-moto! (He's a wizard wink )

I've been thinking - so Clavell was held in Changi (his book king rat is based on his experiences I believe, haven't read that one yet) So do you think he wrote his Asian saga because he desired to know his enemy (something commented on pretty frequently in all of his books it seems) as so many WWII veterans still consider Japanese to be their enemy - or did he write it because he admired his captors?

No Pie, too young for the Hac I'm afraid. Take it you had some quality nights raving away in there? Would love to have been to the Stone Roses gig or a mad night of Acid House.....ACIIIIIIIIIID!!!!! biggrin

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Minty, King Rat is pretty good BUT his best ones in my opinion are Shogun and Tai-Pan.

I agree, though my ranking is more like Noble house - Shogun - Tai-pan

haven't read whirlwind either - but judging by the number of copies available it wasn't that good. Is it about the noble house trying to cash in on arab oil during the gulf war or something?

yeah I've read Whirlwind as well, not as good as the others. AFAIR its set during the late 70's when the Shah gets the heave ho.....I read it a long time ago so it may just be my memory talking codswallop smile

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reading a manual on how to use photoshop.

It has kind of lost me already but I'm keen.

It doesn't use the word dummy in the title, but I think it should!

Not sure what the rules are but I have bought 20+ books from amazon/kindle. Each one I have downloaded to my ipad, galaxy tab and phone as well. So that is 3 devices.

I read somewhere that you could download to 4 (or 5?) devices at any one time. But I am not sure about that.

OMG! Reading FRENZY! I'm about to start my fifth Raymond E. Feist book in 10 days. They're just vanishing, how is this happening? It could be one per day if I didn't make myself do other stuff.

Honestly, compared to all my clavells recently this is a bit scary fast.

is it in-built into the file, so that it somehow knows you've downloaded it 5 times then doesn't allow you to download again, or is it dependent on the morals of the user?

I imagine it is server based rather than in the file.

Whatever it is, it simply does not let you download it onto more than the limit number of devices.... you get a message telling you that you have reached the limit and can't download it to any more.