• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found an old edition of Dr No last year - it was a good read and compared well with the film, with the obvious exception of the stunning Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder!!!

Am currently reading a February 2001 edition of Transworld Snowboarding!

yeah its pretty interesting. Other than the fact he was arrested and kept in prison for years, I didn't really know much about him. Not a heavy read, like I thought it might've been. I've recently read malcolm X's biography as well and that was hard going at times, but this is good

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Nelson Mandela's autobiography

Long walk to freedom. Not exactly a light read. Amazing story though. have you read the bit where he gets his foreskin sliced of with the edge of some kind of spear head?

yeah I physically cringed when I read that bit!! omg Not light reading for sure, but it was interesting.

Trainspotting was actually very different to the movie. Nothing in the movie was entirely new, but they changed the characters around in various stories......for example Tommy dies in the movie, but in the book its a guy called Matty who dies. The end is a little different as well, he rips em off but not the same way as the movie portrayed it. I liked it but it just wasn't as funny as GLUE IMO.

Now reading : CONGRATULATIONS! You've Just Met the I.C.F by Cass Pennant