Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Power of One Bryce Courtney Great !!
Wilbur Smith's african stuff is authentic and I love it.

the book may be good...the movie on the other hand should be avoided at all costs!! Morgan Freeman....what were you thinking!!
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movies never come close to books. Really for me it's just special effects these days...

The golden compass

The subtle knife

The amber spyglass ... Trilogy by Pullman

Loved these. Some books underlining ideas have that feel of coming from collective subconsciousness and these are books written by someone who thinks.

Originally Posted By: veronica
Usually online. I usually buy 5 or 6 bunch at the same time.

Same here. Bought 10 at once one time. didn't know which to read first!
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Movies never come close to books. Really for me it's just special effects these days...

The golden compass
The subtle knife
The amber spyglass ... Trilogy by Pullman

Loved these. Some books underlining ideas have that feel of coming from collective subconsciousness and these are books written by someone who thinks.

totally Jynxx, and in this case its a million percent true!! Very poorly made from years ago, shite movie
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just started Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet and its his life story of living with Asperger's. The way it reads is quite unique, but since this is the way he sees/lives his life, I am not sure how he does it. Maybe it will be easier to understand/get used to after getting into it more...blue nine's and red words...how trippy his world must be.

• 3 weeks later...

The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome and another one called Kids in the Syndrome Mix. All this talk about "Asupera" in Japan got me wondering what is it? How do we deal with kids who have it? And, from what I have read so far, the kids in my school havent been diagnosed properly rolleyes I love how Japan has an "umbrella" word and then that gets used for everything...

• 3 weeks later...

The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein, about the relationship of economic policy and foreign policy as perptrated by the US Government. Very interesting and quite an eye opener