Restless by William Boyd was a great read and highly recommened.

Just started reading something a friend bought me (god knows why), The Devils Guide to Hollywood. A bit of light reading lol.gif Remember the writer is the main guy for a film.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read anything he has written but I get that impression from his documentaries and increasingly angry interviews. He doesn't do himself (or the caue) many favors in that respect.

What book are you reading thursday?

Originally Posted By: guzzlers-baps
Out by Natsuko Kirino.

Such a lovely story. 4 women who work in a night shift factory. One of the women gets depressed and ends up murdering her husband, and her friends help with the chopping and disposal. The guy who gets pinned for the murder starts stalking them when he gets out of jail and killing them one by one. Not as gruesome as it sounds, honest!

yeah I read that too, its ok, I thought it was pretty slow moving though.
Right now I'm reading a pulp fiction novel by Joseph Kanon, Los Alamos. But have my eye on the book, American Shogun, about the relationship between MacArthur and Hirohito

I didn't like Stupid White Men, it was so boring and way too one sided. Although I do like his movies, even although you know that they too are skewed in his direction, just that it gives the other side of the coin to the Government peddled crap, so you can make a guess at the reality by stepping in the middle of both arguements

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My friend knows what a bad time I had at colleage with one flatmate.... bought me a book called I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes From The Frontline of Flatsharing.

lol.gif

Quite funny. Some funny notes posted in a flat to flatmates:

"You know that I know that you know thar I know that you took it. So give it back."

"I needed that ham. Really needed it. GO SHOPPING"

"Either I go or you go"

"Hope you don't mind me cleaning your damp wank rag off the table. It's just that I was expecting friends round for dinner and they probably think that it's a #$#% disgrace that someone....."

lol.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the days of sharing houses. I had generally good experiences but know a few people who were living in hell for the year. The worst one was the guys down the road who - apart from one - were out every night, constantly drunk, got into drugs, girls over. That one was a good friend of mine and it really affected him big time, he spent most the best part of 3 months dealing with it and trying to get out.

• 2 months later...

I'm just reading "Where's my Jetpack" which looks at some future inventions that we are all impatiently waiting for and Tomorrows World promised us a long time ago. Very interesting book