its not too heavy actually. Its more a look at the man himself, contrasts everything you already know (that he he was a sadistic mofo) but describes him relaxing, with his daughter and family (many of whom he killed eventually) etc etc. I like Politics and history so I'm really into it but I don't think its too heavy. I recently read the Communist manifesto and that was pretty heavy, I then tried to balance it out reading The Wealth of Nations by John Smith but had to put it down as it was simply too much economics for any normal person to absorb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like reading books about modern history stuff.

That Shockwave one was interesting and god a few WW2 books lined up next.

After taking the kids to see The Hunger Games I stole the trilogy from #3 cub. Just got through reading book 2 (Girl on Fire) and book 3 (mockingjay). For books aimed at teens they make for a good read, with exception of the last couple of pages of the last book - seemed too forced and happy ending-ish.

• 2 months later...
Why Is the Penis Shaped Like That? by Jesse Bering

He had to ask – and so, as delicately as possible, I’ll try and recount Jesse Bering’s thoughts on the styling and functionality of the human penis. First off, it is pretty big, at least compared to the privates of other apes. Even more curious is the indented cuff below the penis head. Why is the human penis so big, with such ornate features, Bering wonders?

Bering’s mentor, Gordon Gallup, came up with an explanation after experimenting with a polyurethane vagina bought from a sex shop, a collection of facsimile penises and a bowl of cornflour batter designed to simulate sperm. Working feverishly, Gallup proved that if used as a plunger, a human penis is capable of cleaning out more than 90 per cent of sperm deposited inside the vaginal canal by a previous partner, far more than any other penis design. Gallup speculates that the penis evolved its shape because it lessened the chances of one becoming the unwitting surrogate father to another man’s kid.

Now you know, without reading the book!

Why Is the Penis Shaped Like That? by Jesse Bering

He had to ask – and so, as delicately as possible, I’ll try and recount Jesse Bering’s thoughts on the styling and functionality of the human penis. First off, it is pretty big, at least compared to the privates of other apes. Even more curious is the indented cuff below the penis head. Why is the human penis so big, with such ornate features, Bering wonders?

Bering’s mentor, Gordon Gallup, came up with an explanation after experimenting with a polyurethane vagina bought from a sex shop, a collection of facsimile penises and a bowl of cornflour batter designed to simulate sperm. Working feverishly, Gallup proved that if used as a plunger, a human penis is capable of cleaning out more than 90 per cent of sperm deposited inside the vaginal canal by a previous partner, far more than any other penis design. Gallup speculates that the penis evolved its shape because it lessened the chances of one becoming the unwitting surrogate father to another man’s kid.

Now you know, without reading the book!

Thanks Pie Eater

So the bigger the bellend the more chance you have of removing other sperm from a vagina.

Doesn't paint a very pretty picture.

Seemore

It is rather, isn't it.

What confuses me is that if this were so, would ladies therefore not prefer big bell ends. Perhaps an issue for the follow up book!

Agent Six by Tom Rob Smith (third in his trilogy about sometime KGB cop Leo Demidov)

The World, The World by Norman Lewis (memoirs by the author/journalist)

The Drop by Michael Connelly (latest Harry Bosch mystery)

I am trying to read an English book, I chose The Firm by Grisham.

It's hard going at times but I know generally the story and gradually getting there.

I think reading foreign language books is really good for your understanding of the intricacies of the language.

I certainly can't do it.

But one of my boys does, and you can see the improvement in competence and confidence.

I just read Beautiful - Katie Piper. 24hrs, done.

Incredible story.

book.jpg

Peter Fitzsimons "Mawson". One of a series of really fabulous books by Fitzy, including "Smithy" & "Kokoda" - both of which are fabulous reads. Mawson is a 700p tome, but there is a wealth of background into the Antarctic exploration process - Mawson actually gets to the Antarctic about halfway through the narative part (Fitzy does a comprehensive bibliography and reference.).

Mawson has already taken me a couple of weeks, and likely to take a couple more! Love it, though! Reading every word! (and some twice!)

I am trying to read an English book, I chose The Firm by Grisham.

It's hard going at times but I know generally the story and gradually getting there.

I think reading foreign language books is really good for your understanding of the intricacies of the language.

I certainly can't do it.

But one of my boys does, and you can see the improvement in competence and confidence.

I just read Beautiful - Katie Piper. 24hrs, done.

Incredible story.

book.jpg

Just starting that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am currently working my way through "The Rising Sun" by John Toland, which is "the incredible human drama of WW2 from the Japanese point of view". Interesting stuff so far - just getting to Pearl Harbour.