• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Gullivers travels by Swift.

I hope that was the proper one and not the butchered version for kiddies. There's a lot more to that book than the simple story.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
another good read is Bolivian Marching Powder, about a British guy who got caught trafficking cocaine from Bolivia and did time in La Paz prison

I once read "The Damage Done: Twelve Years Of Hell In A Bangkok Prison" about an ozzy that did time for drugs in Bangkok. Not the greatest story.

I started now "Out" by "Kirino".
another good read is Bolivian Marching Powder, about a British guy who got caught trafficking cocaine from Bolivia and did time in La Paz prison

Would like to read that a friend said it was interesting.
On the list.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
I'm impressed with how much you read pete!
That's some pace.

Not really into a lot of the rubbish served up as movies on the planes mate so the Kindle sees a lot of use. Have changed jobs now so that will greatly reduce the amount I travel thankfully.

Yes indeed, if you havent already follow it up with the Pablo bio TB, good companion read to that book.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Gullivers travels by Swift.

I hope that was the proper one and not the butchered version for kiddies. There's a lot more to that book than the simple story.

Yeah its a great read, almost done. smile

Just ordered Chemical Cowboys on Amazon. Story of how the DEA broke up a huge Isreali lead Ecstasy Smuggling Syndicate, bastards! wink

actually Pete, if you like these sort of books, have you read The Candy Machine: How Cocaine Took Over the World? Another good read about the drugs trade

Am I the only one who's noted the narcotic connection between TB's recent reads and/or recommendations??? Perhaps it's the stress of life as an ALT, eh TB!! wink

haha.....just an interesting topic Mick. Dates back to my University days and a semester worth of tutorials on Biological Effects of Drugs on the Brain. I was Psych student.....purely academical interest of course!! smile

Actually another good one that I read back then was "Altered State: A history of Acid House and Ecstasy Culture"

Good book that

if you have any words you don't understand Pete, lemme know and I'll translate! wink

Actually had to do that for an English mate of mines, I gave him Glue after I'd finished and everyday at work he'd come in with a new list of words he didn't quite understand. When reading it especially, it can be difficult as there is no standard rules of writing, I'd sometimes have to say it out loud and then it'd make sense for me