• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know plenty of kids who started on joints or bongs at 13.

Most of them turned out all right.

In Germany, parents start off their kids on beer from 12. Legal age for beer and tabacco is 16.

Most Germans seems to turn out all right.

The only obvious dickheads are the ones who make silly comments in regards to drugs.

There are chemical components that are addictive and psychological dependence. No point in right or wrong arguments about the vice you take. razz

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
I know plenty of kids who started on joints or bongs at 13.
Most of them turned out all right.
In Germany, parents start off their kids on beer from 12. Legal age for beer and tabacco is 16.
The only obvious dickheads are the ones who make silly comments in regards to drugs.
There are chemical components that are addictive and psychological dependence. No point in right or wrong arguments about the vice you take. razz

I can testify that.

I smoked weed for the first time at 13 and I turned out fine rolleyes
Originally Posted By: Jynxx

Dunno about that. wink

Quote:

Yeah, right. The ones injecting heroin into their bodies and smoking crack are most often the most functional folk in society and top guys and gals to boot.
  • 2 weeks later...

I read the Life of Pi and really enjoyed it - quite funny and enjoyed the different themes of religion and the role of God for humans. Great book. Id like to teach that one some time.

Rereading Norwegian Wood - it has been well over a decade since I read this so I had forgotten it, but enjoying it now. I heard its going to be made into a movie so wanted to read it before the movie comes out. Currently also reading The Hobbit. Love it. Such a classic!

Freakanomics is really interesting. I like how he makes associations out of very random stuff. Contrary to what I thought, its not dull, its actually really entertaining and a fast read. Rereading Farewell to Manzanar and Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman to use in classes. Love Murakami's short stories almost more than his novels. Damn that guy is talented.

yeah Freakonomics was pretty good, after reading that I read the book that the chapter about Coke Dealers that live with their mum's was based on, its called Gang Leader for a Day, pretty interesting read as well

No I've not read that, who's the author? Gang leader for a day was good, went into more detail about what the gang gets up to, well worth a read.

I'm reading "Mother Tongue" by Bill Bryson just now. Interesting look at where English comes from, how its evolved and where its likely to be headed.