Anyone watch Hard Talk on BBC World? It's even more agressive than Jerry Springer at times. It's a wonder the guy who hosts it doesn't get slapped! He's talking to all these quite important and powerful politicians and the like and he really gives them shit and talks to them like they're kids. He asks all the questions and demands the answers like no other reporter would ever dare. If he did so in their own countries, he'd have been executed by now. Never mind Salman Rushdie's death threats. Wish he could get Bush, Saddam or Osama on the programme (as if!) This is worth a look!

I'd say he's insistently assertive. I agree that sometimes his approach makes one squirm in the seat a little BUT it's HARD TALK. He asks the questions no one else does. He's intelligent, informed and meticulously researches (according to a recent article) All guests know the style and what to expect. If you survive hard talk your rep.& cred. will be enhanced. Yeh, love to see Bush on the show. \:D

Bush could barely make it through a hand holding session with that alien Larry King, let alone Hard Talk. That dude is awesome by the way.... I love when he rips into polititians when they start to dodge questions. Too bad a journalist like that would never be able to have a career in the states.

He's great at what he does. I think it's kinda scary just how stupid or untruthful some of his 'guests' come across when under fire - he just keeps coming at them. But these people are in quite influential and important positions. Wish he could get a bit more high profile people on but why anyone would want to subject themselves is beyond me, except of course, as you said, if they survive, it shows how good they are.