Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
Whats that supposed to mean, of course it is food.
well actually Veronica the fries cant legally be called "Potato" fries because they arent real potatoes , they are made from reconstituted starch -
"noun: starch - A complex carbohydrate found chiefly in seeds, fruits, tubers, roots and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice; an important foodstuff and used otherwise especially in adhesives and as fillers and stiffeners for paper and textiles"

so aswell as potato you dont know what other cheap and nasty starch they mix in there. Sure I will admit the fries taste good, the best part of Maccas menu but they only taste good with a cocktail of chemicals.
Maccas buns, also cant be called "bread buns" as they lack the sufficient ingredients to be classified as bread, who knows what goes in those buns.
Same with pringles, pringles are tasty and addictive but due in thanks to a cocktail of chemicals chiefly the nastiest of them all MSG Mono sodium glutamate and his partners in crime Disodium guanylate and disodium inosinate. Check out a Pringles packet and read them all and start wondering. I like pringles though, but know I should eat them sparingly

Still seem like food to me. I don't usually tend to eat non-foods.

:rolleyes: wakaranai.gif

But as Mr db so said in another thread, As for pedantic adherence to correct terminology.... who cares? Not me.

The french fried carbohydrates at McD taste so much like cardboard to me, that I could quite see myself absentmindedly eating the carton too and not noticing. It's the fries that make the area around the shop stink, and that flavour those appalling McBurbs that you get for the rest of the day afterwards.

Actually, I'm not that much of a fan of any kind of chips really. It seems a shame to do that to potatoes. Pringles are just disgusting.

on my recent visit back home McD's was offering a new item..."Premium Salads"

the picture shows their chicken cutlet sliced into strips siting on top of some crispy fresh lettuce with those tiny beads of water on it, and some other veggies scattered around...looked yummy...

but I didn't have it...I stuck to other fine foods like burritos, tacos, pizza, sub sandwhiches, mmmmm...I missed that stuff!

danz

Quote:
Originally posted by danz:
the picture shows their chicken cutlet sliced into strips siting on top of some crispy fresh lettuce with those tiny beads of water on it,danz
that reminds me of the movie with Michael Douglas " Falling Down" when he goes to the fast food place and orders a burger then hold s up the sloppy piece of shite and asks the patrons what wrong with the burger compared to the picture. classic scene.

Anyone had a Tofu Burger yet ? I am going to grab one tomorrow, even if it does have chicken in it.

Someone once told me that guiness has pigs blood in it - as a coloring agent. But then again, you can`t believe everything that you hear, eh ?

McD's has started an ad campaige to try and illustrate the lack of additives in their food and that it really isn't all that bad. I think they are trying to get the public to thinik that Macca's isn't fast food. That'll never happen though!

Had me one of them Tofu Sandwiches - shoulda put ketchup on it, the damn thing was so bland. I ordered it without the sketchy white dressing - maybe it`s just me, but sketchy white mayo-like dressings are not that appealing.

And yeah, allz the seto did was leave me with that McTaste in my mouth for several hours. I think that they fry everything at McD`s in the same giant vat - it all tastes the freakin` same. Not going back.

McD's....I do it twice a year. W/the fries/crisps..try puting shoyu and pepper. Might sound funny but it's tasty!

Hawaii McD's sells ramen. Not bad after a surf session!

• 1 year later...
 Quote:
It suggested the women in the advert may have had small hands - thus making the burger appear bigger - and that the name of the burger indicated it was smaller than other burgers.
lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

The people in the advert were all abnormally small.