One of the Wachowski brothers (directors of the Matrix series) has allegedly been leading a secret life as a submissive transvestite at the dungeon of Mistress Ilsa Strix in L.A.

It got so far along that his wife is divorcing him, and successfully filed a restraining order with the L.A. county courts to freeze his assets pending the breakup.

According to this week's National Enquirer, Wachowski is already taking female hormone pills and will eventually have a sex change operation to become a female.

In an even more bizarre twist, it seems his current wife used to be married to a woman who'd become a man through a sex-change operation.

Hey, that's Hollywood for you.

;\)

• 2 weeks later...

just saw it last night at Roppongi HIlls...

that theatre is awesome. Amazing sound and huge screen...although seats could be more comfy for the price \:\(

but I loved the movie...I'm a sucker for cheap thrills, and it kept me well entertained (except for that zion dance/love scene that seemed to last forever)...the action sequences and cg are like nothing I have ever seen on the big screen before...thought the story was actually really good and clever too...cant wait for the next one!

danz

I have to agree with the earlier reviews. Saw it at Roppongi Hills and while i agree with Danz that the seats are uncomfortable, it was compounded by the boring movie i was watching.

Seriously, i loved the first. But this was crap. Talk about take a good thing and do it to death. The scene where he fights the Smiths would have to go down as one of the most boring fight scenes ever filmed. The last 30 minutes was fantastic, when the story line took over as the main attraction.

May be a bit harsh but its a natural reaction to the high expectations i had.

I avoided this thread until I saw it, but then I forgot. Anyway, I really enjoyed it. Of course you already know the secret, so there aren't any huge surprises, but it is a great sci-fi flick with tons of great scenes and effects and it really extends the Matrix universe, which they are obviously try to do (merchandising!). Jada Pinkett looked great and did a fine job and French actor Lambert Wilson was awesome as Merovingian. Those twins were very cool and I am sure they will show up quite a bit in the next one. I do agree the weird dance/love scene went on too long. I would see it again, and they are releasing it on IMAX this week so I might go check that out.

• 3 months later...

haha i've had the dvd since the beginning of sept. got my sister to pick me up a pirated copy in thailand. so nice to have it bc i think it takes many viewing to understand whats happening. the final installment will be out soon....

I've got one bad thing to say about the DVD Matrix Reloaded.

After you get to the menu and hit "Play Movie" (or whateever it is) there is an ad for Warner Bros Movie World (a theme park here). You can't skip through it or anything. Totally unimpressed with that.

I can understand them before the menu and all that, but after you've hit play. Thats just not cricket.

I hate that two. I even hate it before the menu. If its a paid for dvd it shouldnt be on there - they can put it as an option but not as a must see. Same happened with the ET dvd in Japan - an unavoidable theme part ad mad.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
That is quick - it's not expensive either 2600 yen for a 2 discer.
No what is even quicker are the dudes who ripped the DVDs and encoded the movies to DivX format and got them on Kazaa. There are dozens of really good HQ copies already out there. Probably the one that Fattwins buddy loaded up for him. :p