i have concluded that most of the apparent "story line" is brought into low relief and undermined by the action and fighting scenes (most of which are just more expensive and extravagant versions of the first matrix) there isnt as much as a coherent story line or sense of journey as the first. also, the movie really doesnt stand on its own. if you havent seen the first, it will probably take you a while (if at all) to figure out what is going on.

Been getting not-so-hot reviews from buddies in the states.... "overhyped," "embarassing attempts at philosophy," "slow beginning, but the last 40 minutes are cool," "good action, weak story"

Still looks cool to me, so i'll go see it with lowered expectations and enjoy it more.

Saw it this arvo. I wish i'd watched the first one again before i saw the new one. I'd completely forgotten the storyline.

It's a good flick, but not quite as good as i would have hoped. There are some great scenes in it and some neat special effects but some of the fight scenes were a bit repetitive. The $64 million highway scene is great!

Saw it on first cheap tuesday after it opened. There were only 10 people in the audience. It was really good though. I went in having heard all the bad reviews so it lowered my standards a bit but I really liked it. I would watch it again.

You like blond swedish looking guys eh. I personally prefurred Trinity in her leather outfits and Will Smiths wife (not sure of her name) who is also very hot.

I also was amaized that only 10 people in the audience. I bought tickets early and showed up like half an hour before to get good seats. It was the 5PM show though so people were still getting home from jobs and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...