Quote:
Originally posted by danz:
I am one of those geeky type engineers... \:D

danz
Believe me, folks - an engineer he is, but the dude ain't no geek by any definition.
Sorry, danz, you're a long way off qualifying for that and you probably never will, with or without the beard. :p

danz, I'm curious, does that make you good at snooker? All of those subjects hold more terror for me than the pits of hell.

I was good at English, French, Art and History. I liked Biology too, but my teacher was a proper cow who didn't care what anybody learned.

I think most of the subjects at school should be left to university, and more basic, useful things taught. Remembering heaps of dates and the details of 18th century legislation is a ridiculous way of spending ones youth.

Eng lang / eng lit - hated them.

Maths, biology, geography - loved em.

In my case - in many cases - my opinions of a subject have sooooo much to do with the teacher we had.

arts and humanities mainly. i was pretty decent at design/tech and graphic drawing. also pretty good at geography.

absolutley crap at sciences and languages though.

so much of what i learnt in high school i will never use again. design was good because it was alot to do with practicality and stuff you will use later on, for me atleast.

I hated French at high school. Although I actually enjoy learning languages, including French, my French teacher had a gift for making her lessons the dread of my school life. I actually had nightmares of her lessons up to three years after I graduated from her last class.