You know, theres just so many. Looking at music videos - everything/one just looks so immensely naive.

Here's my vote:

Daryl Hall & John Oates.

lol.gif

No, sorry - can't get past the moustache and Private Eyes video. Too much to handle that.

How about 75% of 80s videos though - how some of those people actually agreed to do those things I will never know.

Wham! wake me up before you go go.. lol.gif .....hehehaahaaaaaaa

Flock of seaguls.....

Night Tracks (b/f MTV!)

Funny subject...could go on an on here!

Izod shirt w/ collar up. hahaha

Gordon Gecko (could be early 90's??) was my idle!!

My mom perming my hair. She thought the perm should go for 5 minutes longer, to give it more body. Big mistake, On the first day of school, in the line before class, My teacher yelled out " Nick is that you"? I was just so embarressed.

I would say the early 90's were more of an embarrasment

Bright colours

Hyper colour t-Shirts

Rappers like Vanilla Ice and Hammer. Vanilla Ice is making a comeback though. He has been doing clubs all though the lower mainland and Fraser Valley of BC in April and May

There's some good stuff about Vanilla Ice (real name: R. Van Winkle) in the "Have Guns..." book about Suge Knight and Death Row Records (gangsta rap). Basically it says Suge was going to throw him off a balcony if he didn't hand over the publishing rights to Ice Ice Baby.

My fave moment would be Lionel's "Hello" video where he's following the blind bird around the college. The bits where she's doing the ballet and then makes that sculpture that looks just like Lionel are so "beautiful".

I think Journey's "Separate Ways" video was one of my "favorites"; they basically shot it outside a warehouse down by the docks. Didn't even have any instruments in the video, so they all were just lip-synching along.

I felt really bad for the drummer who was forced to just slap his hands on his thighs to keep the beat. cool.gif

I had a big hair GF lol.gif

RELAX! T-shirts!

This is funny stuff..

NoFakie, was Vanilla Ice signed w/ Death Row or Suge was just shaking him down? I do recall hearing something about that...Suge's a thug, isn't he in prison?

Larry Bird and the Celtics! There were no tattoo wearing, afro sporting, Madonna dating, pistol whipping thugs in the NBA back then....

Human League had their embarrasing moments, but some killer moments too (Dare, Unlimited Orchestra).

Erasure, agreed on that and the big hair too.

Maggie Thatcher lol.gif lol.gif

supertaper jeans

baloon skirts (where there was elastic round the bottom and it bunched up, so tight at top and bottom and loose in the middle)

poi-e (if youre not a kiwi you wont get it)

bata bullets (ditto)

I wonder how many other people had a late 80's early 90's hair-band phase. (Motley Crue, Def Leopard, Poison, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, etc.) Man... I was so into that stuff.

..and speaking of hair-bands... Is it just me, or does it seem like there are way too many japanese rock bands that still haven't left that era.