damn!

just had a looooong earth tremor out here in tsukuba...at least 2 solid min. of significant side-to-side swaying...my whole cubicle was rockin back and forward like I was at sea...

power lines starting oscillating as well...

anybody else feel it??

danz

WTF!!!! I'm on the 9th floor in my office building (in jinboucho), and my whole office was just moving around like crazy.... People were hooting, and shouting "Nagai!", but damn! I will never get used to this!!

Quakes scare the shit out of me..... looks like some people don't have electricity and water according to the news at the mo.

Can you imagine being stuck in a lift when that happens eek.gif

yep, pretty damn scary. my supervisor just came by and told me it was about 6 and that the water in the rice paddies was sloshing around like crazy. the apartment felt like it was gonna fall over. i wish i wasn't home alone. plenty of aftershocks too - and not so small. who said nothing ever happens in tohoku \:D

Dont get confused you guys when the authorities and Media say " intensity of 6 or a magnitude of 6 etc its Japans own scale for measuring quakes that has a max of 7 (so 6 is very strong) and relates too how much one feels. The rest of the world can be happy to use Richter or Mercali scale but good ole Japan comes up with a another confusing scale. Its actually not a bad scale but people confuse it with richter

But yes it was 7.0 on the richter which is powerful jolt. Remember richter is a log scale and each unit of 1 is actually 10times more powerful.

Had to laugh when watching the NHK news showing the office people doing exactly what you shouldnt and not ducking for cover, or the idiotic cameraman walking down the aisle of a supermarket standing on the goods that had been thrown to the ground while he was filming, nice one mate. Or the selfish dude who came from Tokyo on the shinkansen and needs to get back tonight because he is working tomorrow!!!big deal pal the safety and integrity of the train line overides you need to get to work tomorrow.

I was at an indoor jazz concert in Sendai..power went out briefly.

Came home to find dishes all over, pics off the wall broken gas line. No hot water.

Cat was very scared too! eek.gif

I know what youre saying kamoshika, but in the circumstances do you think you'd do it all by the book and exactly what you're supposed to? I'm sure some elements of shit scared instinct take over. Not sure what I'd be doing in such shaky conditions eek.gif

On the 12th floor of a brand new 35 story building and I thought that the Ocean had finally reclaimed Shinagawa. eek.gif

These new buildings desinged to absorb earthquakes actually really do, but man do they sway!! \:\(

It amazed me that everyone just stood around watching the blinds move and talk about how much this biulding swayed.

I dunno what the number was for the quake in Tokyo, but 12 stories up it felt pretty damn bad.

Hope everyone is okay?