Redeeming features of rainy season?

rainy days sitting on the couch with ya doona rugged around you in your flanny jamas with a bowl or popcorn in front of a good vid with your slave making you a nice hot choccie....Ah... Bliss...!

SFG-Sam! I tll you that in Japan's rainy season you don't want to be wearing flannies thats for sure!

good points are

1. Don't have to water my garden everyday

2. My plants grow like they are on anabolic steroids

3. can't think of anything else at the mo'

am joining the local canoe/kayak club and can use their gear for 1000en a day (much cheaper than buying a boat etc..etc.)

So the rain should only make that better.

I'm guessing it might be a good time for white water rafting.

hey jared...

best time for whitewater is march-may...june is already starting to see the end of big mountain run-off (although up where you are at, it could still last a bit longer...)

all rivers in japan are dammed, so for big water, find out when release dates are...

but if you are just learning, than summer is the time to get your roll down and paddle technique...

its been a looong time since i kayaked...wish I were up there! tone-gawa is looking a bit calm :p

danz

I'v been playing canoe polo for years but I havent spent much time in rivers. (only been in fastish water a couple of times) so I dont need anything too exciting to be challanged. My wife is however totaly fresh so we're gonna start at the beginning and work our way up - bout time we found something healthy to do with the not-winter seasons.