I read with interest some of the more controversial postings on the forum - good stuff \:\)

People were talking about having children as being the natural thing to do, and to not have children not being natural (and being much more than that!).

What about marriage and monogamy? Are they natural?

Yes, I would be very happy to get married. However I have informal opinions regarding wedding tradition etc. To spend the rest of my days with a partner - happily. If marriage is part of that then great, I get marrried.

marriage is a girls dream... of a beautiful day and the most magical time of their life but meh...

to me marriage is the beginning of the rest of your life... your family your soul mate your companion you everything for the next forever!!

Im looking forward to it all when it all happens one day down the path.

I can never believe how much money gets bunged at giving the lil' lady her Cinderella day. The more fantasy that she gets on the day, the harder the bump of reality afterwards, psychologically and economically...

i dont know, im a firm believer that two people can be life partners without the whole binding marriage thing. i guess if you are going to have kids, marriage would be ideal.

possibly more mindless drivel from the young naive one ;\)

for me, its not something thats very close on the horizon. its one of those circumstance things.

If the time is right then sure I'll get married. And i'm looking forward to it.

I don't want a traditional thing in a church and all that. I don't really see the point of having vows to God when you don't believe in it. But i guess it also depends on the type of person you are marrying and what their beliefs are.

I LOVE my marriage. Couldn't imagine life any other way. Wife and I got married on the beach..Hawaii

Monogomy...broke that at 15 and haven't looked back. Would love to hear a monogonists point of view, though.

Get this, I've been to more than 1,500 weddings. Not kidding. Forum record?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
[QBGet this, I've been to more than 1,500 weddings. [/QB]
You are either very old with a huge extended family or a Minister (or perhaps organ player).

(on the topic: I have bene to 1 wedding.)

1500 biggrinparty.gif

wow if they were all Japanese Weddings where you have to pay that would be horrendously expensive!

1500 by 20000yen (average) = 30million yen!!!!!

us$240,000!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
I LOVE my marriage.

Monogomy...broke that at 15 and haven't looked back. Would love to hear a monogonists point of view, though.

Explain further. Sounds like you got the marraige without the commitment. How does it work. What she doesn't know... As long as you don't leave me... Is she allowed the same freedom as you...

I've met some right wan kaz here in Japan, they find themselves a simple country girl with rich parents, who all love them dearly, then go out shaggin all day and night while confining their lass to the kitchen...
mad.gif

(not implying that's you, Kintaro, but, go on, explain your situation if you please... \:\) )

I actually don't understand my monogomy statement myself...I think I had a vocabulary breakdown last night...???? One too many gin tonics and celibacy turned into monogomy. Thnanks for pointing that out though...your logic was right on! ;\)

I'm monogomous w/in my marriage. 100% (and I do half or more of the cooking..enjoy that too)

Anyway, I can't play an organ and I'm only 30. Yes, on the side I am a wedding minister. It's good fun. Thouroghly enjoy it. The above posts were funny though lol.gif

Freak...Congratulations!

I hope you don't make those kind of basic vocabulary errors when you're officiating at people's weddings. The possibilities for offense are legion...

"You may now kiss the girlfriend!"

"Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded prostitute?"

Ah, the mystery of marriage.

lol.gif Nice one O11!

" I now pronounce you man and goat..."

I agree with SF, whats the point in exchanging vows you don't believe in. It will totally depend on my future wife.....

Maybe I could have a Mick Jagger style wedding, which 'doesn't count' in court (what a bast*rd).

lol.gif Ocean, No, I assure you I don't. The weddings (W/the exception of 1) are all in Japanese. I got the correct words down. But I've got a lot of stories of couples making mistakes (usually the grooms).