On the TV just now there was a very helpful guide as to "how to use an air conditioner". In it, I learnt the following very useful tips that I feel I should share with you:

- it is a waste to keep an air conditioner turned on when you are not in the room. It saves money by turning it off;

- the room doesn't get as cold if you set the temperature higher, and saves you money.

Useful don't you think? I am thankful for hearing this advice, as I wouldn't have known these "secrets" otherwise.

Has anyone else learnt anything as useful on TV that you feel should be shared?

\:D

That's hilarious. They must do it for a joke.

Well my morning news programme always tells me what to wear in a morning and whether to carry my umbrella or not - it's a lifesaver \:\)

luv those `handy hints` type programs on telly.

if someone wrote a book that contained all the useful hints, ya know what it`d be called???

it`d be called tha `STIFF-SHIT` book, bcos everytime i see somethin`, i think to meself, "That`s goin straight in tha stiff shit book".

just a cuppla gems. when ya wash ya new T-shirt for tha first ever time, be sure to scrunch up tha neck hole and wrap a rubber band round it. this will stop tha neck hole expanding by up to 3.5cm. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by amandanism:
i remember flying an airline in the states who wrote on the packet of peanuts.

Directions: open packet. eat nuts.

clap.gif
A little like all the instructions that are (or at least used to be) on any bit of US military equipment. The all time classic was on the front of a claymore mine (I cant recall it exactly):

"This side faces enemy"

You probably need to know what a claymore mine is for this to make any sense. Suffice to say it is a directional AP mine that is manually triggered by you when the enemy is in front of it. It blasts about 800 metal balls at the enemy... so long as you set it up facing in the correct direction, which is pretty easy as it is flat and curved and the front of the curve faces teh enemy. Not hard to remember after a days training really.

lol.gif

I saw a Japanese sign once on a toilet that I am SURE said something like "lift up the top lid before sitting down and doing your business" That made me laugh

macdonalds were litigated as a person that bought coffee burnt herself. She claimed that there was no warning as to the danger of the contents. Now all coffee cups at the takeaway have "warning, contents are hot" written on them.

That story, as told by myself, is probably a little old and not quite accurate.