hate the ac, but as the locals say, sikatta ga nai...

I need it...I can't survive without it...turned it on for the first time to sleep with last night...ah...hate the summers here...

danz

You might find yourself being unhappy with that give it another month db - much too hot for a fan heater.

I personally could not live without the 3 aircons in my home.

I hate using the AC at my house. Id rather put on comfy clothes and use the fan, even in the dead of summer. I hate getting all nice and comfy in the cool room then opening the door to the kitchen or something and BAM its like walking into soup. Id rather just aclimatise.

However at work is a different matter. You have to sit and work and wear clothes that cover most of your body. Def need the air con at work - esp today when the stingy sods havent turned it on. mad.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion:
I personally could not live without the 3 aircons in my home.
Yeah, well I 'got 5. Wall mounted, no less.

(I am trying to start a bit of AC Envy), like men and their cars.

at work yes the eskimos I work with like it frigid...damn Australians should be able to handle the heat....

At home got the windows wide and letting the cool Zephyr ease through my home....

Quote:
Originally posted by db:
i bought a nice big over-priced fan the other day.

it really gets the air moving and dramatically reduces the need for AC.
db: in August powerful fan+A/C=pure bliss \:D

On and it is cold. I wear shorts and sandals to Uni and then sit in a class all day freezing my ass and then when I leave the building I am hit by a wall of heat. Getting into my car is the worst. It seems like an oven sometimes.

The thing I hate about A/C is you have to have all the doors and windows shut. I cannot stand to sit in room on a sunny day that's all shutup like that.

Don't find too many air conditioners in Seattle.

mmm....

It seems to me that its pretty common in japan to have a AC or central heating unit in your house/unit?

I have only ever come across 1 person who had a AC unit in their home and she was american and "couldn't live with out it!"

All the places i have worked had AC but my house...

we have bout 3 ceiling fans... (one in my bed room one in the parents room and the living room... all the other rooms have windows galore!!)

Theres nothing better than a cool breeze blowing in the doors.... but when that cool breeze becomes hot... Wack the fan on HI and were chillin.... \:\)

Its even better going for a swim or shower whatever and then drying under a fan (if its super hot!) \:D