Some place here in Niigata has some kind of bull vs bull fighting event, its on the tv now.

I HATE seeing things like this. At the end it seems the humans round up on the bull and start being complete dicks.

Can anyone explain to me any redeeming points of bullfighting. The only one I can think of is is the bull does some damage to some idiot human - I can see that as being a plus.

Bull vs Bull what? But I'm goona go out on a limb here.....

I would like to go and see a bull fight in Spain, it's something that appeals to me. Seville is this place to go apparently!

It's all about courage isn't it? I mean, fighting a bull with nothing but a wee red flag takes courage, skill and a lot of passion.

This is the sort of twisted moral sh*t that beggers belief on this forum. Most of you eat meat no doubt (and I'm sure the veggies will soon let me know)..... animals which slaughtered and kept in appalling conditions to await their death.

Yet an animal that is fed and treated very well throughout it's life, and given the oppurtunity fight at the end has you immediate pity.

Rubbish.

:rolleyes:

Not allowed an opinion Mr Matthews?

And I'm sure you know all about the conditions that bullfighting bulls are kept in amazing conditions all their life....

Yeah of course your allowed an opinion, I never said you weren't I just think you're wrong....

The conditions they're kept under is common sense a strong bull = a stiffer test for the Matadore.

Fukdane, do you buy cosmetics or eat meat? And when you do, do you shed a tear for the little animals they've been tested on and that have died to feed you?

Quote:
This is the sort of twisted moral sh*t that beggers belief
:rolleyes: You have an interesting way of just saying "I just think you're wrong..." there buddy.

Anyhow, I can see where you're both sides are coming from, but do not like the idea of bull fighting.

Maybe a little hypocritical, needs a bit more thought perhaps.

Bull fighting is cruel Matthews. They throw friggin' spears at them and just let them hang there while the bulls bleed.

At rodeos they tie big leather straps around their balls. It's all cruel and unacceptable.

I eat meat and i don't see what your problem is with that, or how you can draw a decent comparison between bull fighting and eating meat.

I don't care for rodeo.....

OK, being as you think the meat argument is a 'bit of a stretch' how about cosmetics. Carrying out degrading and VERY painful experiments on animals which are kept in cages in all manner of experimental 'stages'???????? You own hair products or shampoo...?

wakaranai.gif

Besides they don't "throw" spears at it, they place them above the shoulder blade to make the head drop so that the final one, kills the bull outright.

I'm not hoping to convince you otherwise, you can carry on living the way you do, just don't moan about cruel acts, when most of you sponsor them on a daily basis by buying shampoo or chomping on a chicken nugget.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:

Besides they don't "throw" spears at it, they place them above the shoulder blade to make the head drop so that the final one, kills the bull outright.
Oh, well then, thats ok.
:rolleyes:

I'm not moaning about cruelty to animals at all. I am merely stating MY opinion that i think it is wrong. I don't agree with the things that animals go through with the testing of cosmetic items. I don't know a hell of a lot about it, but i do make an effort to by products that state they aren't tested on animals. Being a bloke i don't own many cosmetic products (lipstick and the like).

SF are you sure ? ;\)

I agree we should all have our own opinions the world would be boring otherwise, but I just think that animal cruelty is an issue that most people are perfectly happy to turn a blind eye to.

But something visible like bull fighting promotes all sorts of over reactions.

All animal cruelty is horrid.

Bull fighting, animal testing, the sick ppl in china who use bears for their "bile" (sp?)....

Im a vego - it used to be for other reasons but its more and more creeping towards the animal cruelty. The farms who feed their chickens genecticly modified food to make the grow faster. The slaughter houses that shoot their animals in the head with a Bolt... (cheap nasty so they can re-use the bolt) its all just nasty....

An as for bull to bull fights i dont know i havent seen one but if its anything like the running of the bulls in barcelona or the rodeos in spain its just WRONG (in my opinion off course.)

Anyways best i dont continue.

Every year i notice that I eat less and less meat and buy less leather goods.

If i do buy meat or animal products like eggs or milk it is USUALLY free range in the hope that I can justify that the animal lived a good life before being shot with a bolt gun, electrocuted, gassed, hung, bled or whatever practice is performed to get from a living species to my dinner table. I do not agree with any of it and someday hope that I can not rely on animal products.

There are also numerous new products on the market and have been for years in which animals were not harmed to make or test the products. Is this the same in Japan?

As for veganism. Why boycott film development, yeast and other things like this. Please inform me.

I eat less meat now than I used to do as well.

But while it may be the same in some peoples eyes, I can't really see eating meat being the same as bullying, playing around and killing animals just for the fun and entertainment of humans - and enjoying watching the spectacle. Uck.

Like a bit a' cock fighting do we Mr Matthews...?

It would be different if the outcome wasn't assured. The slow butcher of the bull by not one, but a number of men, on horses, yes, very manly, about as manly as their tights...

If anyone in most western countries tortured and killed any animal in the manner exhibited at a bullfight, they would be arrested. The only twisted belief beggaring moral on show in this column is how easily one can accept deviant behaviour if it's wrapped in the fluffy blanket of 'culture'.

It is kind of the same. I choose to not eat meat less and less becuase of the way people treat there product while raising it. I just saw a 60 minutes episode on Pig Farming. The pigs were stuffed into these pens and couldn't turn around. All they could do was lay down. They were on this cement slab to so it was easier to clean. It was cruel. It is the same for Beef and Chickens as well. And don't get me started on Veal.

But do farmers get pleasure from confining animals to small spaces. Obviously they don't but they do get enjoyment when thay can maximize their profets by squeezing in as many animals as they can.

I don`t eat meat, dairy, eggs, chicken, fish, none of it. Admittedly I have relaxed a bit here in Japan, seeing as I can`t read product labels, and it would be very difficult to follow this diet at restaurants.

When I can find them, I buy cosmetics from companies that don`t test on animals. Hard to do here in Japan for the same reason as above.

Hate bullfighting, rodeo, and and all of that crap. Yeah yeah, humans have the ability to dominate and kill animals, get over it.

Animal rights is one of the few causes in this world that I still believe is worthy of participating in. I do my part, but I don`t tell other people what they should and shouldn`t do. And as this world works on money, I am happy mine doesn`t support the bad treatment of animals. When I get back to the states, I will go straight back to vegan.

Quote:
Originally posted by barok:
I don`t eat meat, dairy, eggs, chicken, fish, none of it.
What? You don't even eat fish Barok? eek.gif How do you survive? It's hard to imagine your daily menu... \:\)